I don't know what to do

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a 4th year medical student now and my problem is the studying part....for the past two years our college gave us exams every single days and you have to study like everyday and it was a very tough time for me but I passed with high marks and when 3rd year started till now we haven't had any exams (it's the college system) and from then till today my studying style has changed and I don't feel like I'm studying good anymore I go out more than before and it's just idk.... even our professors they don't help us that much I mean (what should we study and what r the sources) so I feel lost really and I've been using many books and I feel like I'm loosing it ....even my mother when I ask her she tells me :"if u find yourself you can't do it leave it!" Which makes me feel really angry at her ....idk I just feel that no one understands me and ....now I wish if all this could end ...how I really have no clue 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi idk86741

In my personal opinion,it is about Motivation.You wanted to do well for all the tests given to you although it was almost on a daily basis and you succeeded in having high marks.Now in the absence of test you probably slacken a little and your mum probably wanted to ease your stress by implying that you should quit.I am sure she has your well being at heart and meant no bad intentions.So get organised  or rather get back all the energy and enthusiasm you had like before and you will be fine in your studies.And not forgetting,please do find time for rest and leisure in between studies.All the best.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply

I know she didn't have the intention to hurt me or make me feel bad , but I'm kinda feeling guilty everyday for not studying as well as before and I'm afraid that I won't do well in my exams , now I'm having summer vacation and I'm trying to study but again I study like for 3 or 4 hours and all that time just guilty 

Thank you again 

• Posted

My dear boy, you have to develop a will power to qualify as a Doc with good grades. It is a very noble profession in which you can serve the humanity besides looking after yourself very well. You have to live your own life. You can make it better or bad which is entirely upto you. This is a crucial age to make or mar his career/life.You are mature enough to realize it. Hence get down to your studies seriously. This is my sincere advice to you. I wish and pray all the best for you. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.