I don't know what to do anymore.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have a big problem...I was bullied at school really badly when I was 13-15 I was diagnosed with severe depression and social anxiety.I left school 2 years ago but still feel like I'm being judged,criticized,stared at and laughed at whenever I go out...even when I'm with my own family...When I left school I moved away and was happier than ever, I had friends, a boyfriend and a job....but I had to move back as it didnt work out for me so now I'm back home, my depression and anxiety has got really bad, I haven't got any friends here, no job and no money, I don't go out anywhere on my own because I feel like I physically can't face the world outside sad....I would really appreciate some help, thank you.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear about the bullying you went through. You should not let them define who you are. When you moved, look you got a bf and friends! There's definitely nothing wrong with you. It is all inside your head. People who bully have their own insecurities and make themselves "feel better" by making others feel bad about themselves. But don't let them win! Life is beautiful, live it! Anxiety is very common, but face it. Go out, make new friends. Not everybody is looking at you judgingly. People see what you do not, of course we are always harder on ourselves. So I would encourage you to go out, reach out to people. Be happy again!
  • Posted

Hi crystal. Bullying is awful. I was extremely shy when I was in school and so got picked on a little by 'the in crowd ' so I didn't enjoy going to school and remained extremely shy until I got my second job where I started to come out of myself a bit more. I understand where you are coming from but myrissasaurus is right, bullies are usually trying to make themselves feel better about their own inadequacies or issues. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you at all so face your fears and get out there. It will be tough to start with but once you make a friend or find a job your confidence will grow, I promise.
  • Posted

I am so sorry. First you MUST see your GP. If that GP just tells you it's depression see another. Bullying can affect you for decades, it is a horrible thing to have done to you and if the school didn't realise the harm it does to you you should report the school. There is absolutely NO way that you should have been put through this. YOUR family MUST realise this and so must your GP. I have 4 sons my eldest is adopted and coloured, he was bullied at school for his colour, my second son, my own was bullied at school for being clever. With our eldest we sent him to a private school which has cost a fortune, but was worth it because he flourished. He was affected by the bulling for decades. The bullying was back in the 1970s when he went to the village school age 4 where the local kids called him a wog! He is married, has a good job and 2 beautiful children whom I adore but the effect of those bullies took him 3 decades to get over. Please show my post to your parents, they MUST understand you are NOT responsible for your present anxiety and depression. You need help, your GP can put you in touch with a clinical psychologist who will really understand your problems. Good luck you have been abused, you need help but its NOT your fault. BULLYING IS A CRIME

• Posted

Crystal, no matter how bad things seem they can get better whether with therapy, medication, meditation whatever works for you. I have been through several tough periods and come out the other side x
  • Posted

Hi Crystal, I know what you went through I was bullied at school at that age. It is difficult you social skills are affected, I suggest you seek advice from your gp. Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.