I don't want to live anymore

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi can anybody help me I feel so low and sad that I don't want to be here anymore can you tell me if this is the drug isn't working or is it just me I've lost my mum and my dad and my nephew in the last four years and the doc says that it's not the tablets it's just that I'm grieving but im not so sure anymore 

please help Nicky

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Nicola

I tried sending you a message but I don't thnk it got sent as it was pale grey in colour.

you're grieving just now.  When someone does, you're kept busy and the adrenaline is flowing as there is the funeral, lawyers and lots of pele phoning.  You're working on automatic pilot and don't have a lot of time to think.  People also tend to make more of,a fuss of you and contact you more tha. Dual right after the finer, with phone calls and invitations but gradually that stops and things get,back to normal and the. Our mind hs time to think and it suddenly dawns on you that they're not coming back and there's this terrible void.  Some people cope by talking about those they've lost, whilst others find that upsetting.

ou're bound to miss them and there's this big hole in yor life.  If you didn't miss them, that would mean they meant nothing to you, which is just not true.  Although you can't see them, because they loved you, they're watching over you.

• Posted

Hi Nicola 

i sent it by mistake as I hadn't quite finished.  The antidepressants will take 4-6 weeks to have any effect.it may be that, like me, the GP hasn't given you th one that's right for you, or the dose may need to be increased.   You need to go back to your GPwho may refer you to a psychiatrist where you have time to talk to someone.

there's no point in saying to you that eventually you will have happy memories because you're in a nightmare just now but what you need is help.  Also have a look on the internet/you tube about grief counselling.

best wishes

nessie

• Posted

So sorry you feel like this. How long have you been on the? 
    • Posted

Hi sandy ive been on them altogether six months now but 45mg two months xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.