I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO,

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been feeling extreamly low for the past 2 years, i took an overdose and tryed to kill myself in 2012 and ever since i keep aving thought that i dont care if i dont wake up, and how i could suiccide. i dont know if i have depression or not. but im constantly over thinking things.. i used to love my job but now i dont have no effort to even go anymore. i feel im going to lose my job. this year i lost my grandad and he was like a dad to me since i have not spoken to my dad in years, and ithat came down on me like a toon of bricks. i dontknow what to do, who to see or who can help... 

3 likes, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

• Posted

Hey Shannon....I am sorry you had to go through such a hard time....but Shannon you love your grandpa....so how bout whenever u get thoughts like killing yourself think how your grandpa will feel if he was there....how everyone you ever cared about and  those who cared about you feel....there so many people who love you and care about you....try not to keep your feelings in your heart....let it out....if you don't in will just grow bigger and biggger it literally somehow feels like someone is killing you on the inside....don't let that happen....you are able to go through this...you strong and you are never alone....no matter what God I always there to help
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Shannon.

I think the fact that you are waking up feeling the way you do and the thoughts you are having is a sure sign that you have depression Hun.

The good news is that it's highly treatable and you can recover. 

Firstly you need to speak to your GP and explain how you have been feeling and how it's gotten much worse since your grandad passed away. 

Between you and your doctor you will then be able to duscuss the best way forward for you. He may ask if you want to try medication which helps so many people but if you don't want to go down the medication route,your doctor may refer you to a counsellor which people also find very beneficial.

Depression very rarely lasts forever Hun and there are brighter times ahead for you, you will enjoy life again, you owe it to yourself to give yourself the best chance in life so get out there and grab that chance to feel better,to love life again.

You don't have to keep suffering and you dint have to face this alone. There is help out there. You just have to be brave enough to make that first move and ask for it xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Dear shannon,

which medicines u r taking right now?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I went to see someone yesterday, and they havent gave me nothng. they have told me to book another appointment but they have done nothing, i feel as if no ones helping me and just thinks im just upset.. but im not. i shouldnt have to feel like this all the time! its killing me inside
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

i have a boyfriend, but feel like im pushing him away, i was happy with him, but i get upset and angry over such little things, i wa never like this before, i was a happy friendly person with lots of confidence! now i hav none!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Shannon....if you feel you are pushing him away it is because you are needing your time to grieve and he may not be the best person to help you through your grieving, especially if he has not gone through the same kind of loss as you have. If he loves you he will be patient. Grieving often brings feelings of depression and feelings of not wanting to live anymore. Our jobs and careers lose meaning and importance. Nothing seems to matter anymore. This is NORMAL....you don't need drugs...but you DO need people who can help you and support you through your time of grieving. There are many grief support groups to help others. Some of them are in local churches, some are private or public organizations. Visit some of those groups and talk to the counselors for help. You don't need to pay a psychiatrist to tell you that you're depressed. And the last thing you need is a prescription for a drug that could cloud your thinking and cause you to do something dangerous to yourself. You will gradually regain your confidence when you are surrounded by supportive people who can help you get back on your feet again. Believe me, it does get better....it takes time, but keep seeking supportive people who you feel you can share your thoughts and your feelings and allow them to help you.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Shannon...when you lose someone you love, you will be sad and depressed ... this is normal. It's been less than a year since you lost your grandad. The heart heals slowly from such a loss, but you need support from others who have experienced losses like yours. It took a long time for me after my mom passed away. But the best healing and help for me was to be able to share my feelings and thoughts with others who had similar experiences, and I gained encouragement from them. The first year was the most difficult. The second year a little bit less difficult....and it continues to get a little easier each year. I made some changes in my life...moved away, started a new job....new friends. It can seem impossible to make any changes when you're depressed, but sometimes even a small change can help start your pathway to healing your heart and finding new joys in your life. Find counselors who are dedicated to helping other through difficult times in their lives
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I would not go to you GP, they generally know nothing, you have to try and go to a psychiatrist, they have much more knowledge of all the drugs and he will know what to do with you. You owe it to yourself, do it before it's too late. Before you lose your job and your boyfriend. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Shannon...I have been where you are....lost my mom, my only child moved 2000 miles away, my sweet equine companion who was with me for 30 years was struck by lightning and killed, I'm going to have to leave my job because of toxic mold poisoning in my lungs, which can be fatal, I have no health insurance but there's no cure through the medical profession anyway and it has ruined the quality of my life....and I felt very alone, scared, and depressed in all of this....BUT...suicide is NEVER a good solution, NEVER. When you end your life, you end any possibilities for changes to happen...because they can and they do happen. The night of my deepest despair I no longer wanted to live...but several hours later something unexpected happened that changed EVERYTHING. Had I ended my life, however, my life never would have changed for the better. Take one step to make a change...maybe it is time to change your job and start looking for something different, perhaps looking in a different place far away from where you are now, to get away from things that can make you feel sad. I don't know where you live, but there are free counseling services, esp. for women, and free grief counseling support for those who have lost loved ones...these are people that want to help others and could help you find some new direction and suggest helpful options that you may never think of on your own. Keep seeking help, ideas, answers. It will come. Don't give up. It can take a long time, or might happen fairly quickly...just keep seeking, and you'll find a better place and a better life for you. Don't be afraid to make big changes if that's what it takes. Stay away from negative, pessimistic people. Be sure to surround yourself with positive, helpful people that will keep you going & give you support and encouragement.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up