i fear als and cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

I fear on a daily basis that i have cancer or will get cancer i also experience strange sensations in my hands where they feel like i cant move them very well or almost stiff sensation so therefore i fear i have a terrible motor nuerone disease such as als, im guessing its anxiety related, ive suffered from this condition since a child iam now 20, i feel likeim very sensitive to my body and worry over the slightest symptoms and obsess over them for days or even weeks, would be niceto hear from others in the same position as me as i feel quite alone with my disorder as no1 ive spoken to understands.

1 like, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hun, I used to have those sensations in my hands and was diagnosed with stress and anxiety, sounds like u might have health anxiety, maybe book an appointment with your doc and spk to them about it, but what u r going through is normal with anxiety Hun so don't stress yourself out over it x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks so much vikki for your reply its nice to no others are in the same boat as me and experiencing same symptoms, thought i was the only one! Ive had health anxiety for aslong as i can remember and experience all kinds of different sensations, il see my gp about it thanks again xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi there.here most of us are like you always worry yea there is sth wrong with me and think about having caner or another serious problem.i had those wierd feelings with my hands before its coz of anxiety.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply anahita.p its horrible thinking you have somthing much worse than what it probably is, evem tho i no nothing is wrong with me i cant help but obsess over my symptoms nd cause worry xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I feared that often!!! I would go to the doctors and think I would have a brain Tumor. I google way to much!!!

Also the sensations you are feeling are all do to anxiety!!

Totally understand what you are going through

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi kerri i too went thru a fase where i thoight i had a brain tumor cus of constant headaches but it turned out to be just stress and anxiety related headaches, i find soon afrer i get over the fear of one illness another new symptom comes along and im fearing a new illness, its a neverending cycle :-( x
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up