I feel awful but Doctors say theres nothing wrong I dont know what to do???

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi Everyone , Im new to the forum and  I'm hoping someone can give me a little feedback. Quite frankly Ive been quite poorly and now I think I'm being viewed as A hypochondriac, but I am convinced I have a thyroid issue . My Doctor and now it seems my Endocrinologist are wiping there hands of me as they see no underlying endocrine cause. I do have a pituitary macroadenoma but The Endocrinologist says my bloods dont show anything wrong. Sorry to bore everyone but a brief synopsis-

Im losing my hair

Ive put on 3 stone in 3 months despite no change in my diet 

I have poor memory

Im exhausted all the time

I get headaches

Erratic body temperature

By late afternoon everyday Im getting cramps in my lower legs and my feet to the extent I can barely walk

Ive had bloods done and the only results I have are

March 15 TSH 3.9

Free T4 13.6

Dec 14 TSH 2.1 

Free T4 12.5

My recent bloods I believe show my TSH  at about 2.9 again

My Vit D keeps falling it was 17 and after 3 months supplimentation Im at 51 - this is the second time it has dropped.

Please - has anyone any input ?

Thank you

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i am waiting to see an endocrinologist with suspected hypothyroidism also. Research suggests many doctors are too happy to dismiss your symptoms in favour of normal range blood results which can be inconclusive. It would appear your symptoms are typical of hypothyroidism have you any family members with underactive thyroid? I developed weird symptoms of double vision and a painful /itchy nose and ears and my GP subsequently prescribed meds for depression when I knew I was not. I later had an MRI which revealed brain thickening that could be associated with underactive thyroid this has been going on for 7 mths. Doctors do not always have the answers get a 2nd opinion.
    • Posted

Hi there,

Yes my Mum has Hyothyroidism, Im having a load more tests this week so Im hoping to get somewhere then.

Good luck with your Endocinologist appointment

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.