I feel better- and so can you

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi.

I just wanted to send some words of encouragement to all the nice and helpful people on this board. Ive recently suffered a bad bout of anxiety and all that it entails, but i have now started conquering it and i feel better every day.

Being anxietyprone is probably something many of us will have to live with, its a part of our personalities and who we are. A vunerability, but also a strength cause were capable of feeling all sorts of really strong emotions, including joy and excitement. I like to consider that the positive part of it all, at least for me. I have had anxiety to the point where i just wanted to grab a knife and slit my own throat to stop feeling that way, hard to imagine when youre in a more stable mood but thats how bad it can be. Id like to think that if i can feel better and learn to live with myself and try to acknowledge anxiety for what it really is- irrational fears, so can you!

I realize we all have different backstories and reasons for feeling the way we do, but being united in this forum all of us anxietysufferers its a great way to help each other. I just thought id share something postive.

Hope u all are having a good day 

6 likes, 12 replies

Report / Delete

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam thanks for the positivity! I have health anxiety......irrational fears as you said. How did you stop yourself staying with the negativity. Thanks in advance. E.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth, i think preoccupying yourself with other things can help, try and get your mind to take in new impressions and maybe you can "forget" your concerns for a while. Try to accept that the feelings are there but know that they cant hurt you and that ur okay! 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Sam well done, it is good to know that maybe one day I will feel a bit better.

x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Well done Sam

Can I ask how you managed to conquer it?  Xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Gill, well its a process id say. I have "conquered" it for now- but i do know it may come back in another shape or form later on, i just hope time and experience will render me more capable of dealing with it in the future should it come back. I have tried to occupy myself with things, despite feeling bad. I also changed my environment for a while and went to stay with a friend in the countryside. I forced myself to do things despite that awful feeling in my gut- and i could feel it loosen its grip on me. Its hard and other people may not always understand, its worn out advice but somehow you have to tell yourself that- it may feel like hell, but its not dangerous- and it will pass! 

Best of luck to yousmile

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thank you for sharing with us Sam gives us all hope ,can I just ask did you take any medication and if yes what did you take and how much did it help .so pleased you are feeling better
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ur very welcomesmile Despite having experience with both ambien and diazepam, whats helped me the most medicationwise is Atarax. Im not sure how well it works for in the daytime, as i have only taken it nightly however. My sleep tends to be greatly affected when i have anxiety and i have found atarax really useful for that purpose. It doesnt feel "unsafe" to take either or addictive, which for me is a concern. I havent used any antidepressants, so i dont have any experience in that department. Thanks for being so nice, hope you are doing well Marilyn!
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up