I feel full of anxiety again

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on 50mg sertraline for 4weeks and have felt ok but yesterday woke up with the burning feeling sweating anxious no appetite I'm gutted cos thought I was doing so well and this morning feel worse even my propranolol hasn't worked is this normal or I'm wondering if my tablets need to be stronger x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi guys.

Try to calm down. I experienced the same many times. It is kind of swing. For me it happened also after 7 weeks on med. It never lasts more than 3-4 days ... And the frequency will be lower and lower. Stay strong!

• Posted

You ARE doing well, Nicola.

These setbacks happen!

Once you've allowed six weeks for the sertraline to kick in fully, then you can decide if you want to discuss an increase in the dose with your GP.

Keep strong! You will beat this - just give it time. xxxx

• Posted

I take sertraline 50mg and have done so since last December. I have to say that initially my symptoms worsened and it was not a pleasant experience. However, I stuck with it and after about 8 weeks found myself far better than I was ,and able to "cope" in situations that previously freaked me out.

Personally I have not requested a higher dosage. I am trying to get along as I am. Having said that many people up their dose. This is something it might be worth talking over with your doctor because everyone is different and need different levels of meds to help them.

Good luck!

• Posted

Does it affect your cycle? I'm on birth control but my period is late I'm not sexually active so idk if it's the meds

• Posted

I'm on injection Jen so I don't have a cycle X meds can affect the body in so many different ways I've been online and researched a lot it might be worth a look x

• Posted

Propanolol  has side effects. I think some of this is the side effects. Let your doctor know whats going on. How long have you been taking the propranolol? Im not a big fan of using bp meds to regulate anxiety they seem to accompany side effects as they do alter the bodies natural rythms.  
  • Posted

False alarm my cycle came lol I'm relieved. I hope that explains why my anxiety has been extra high

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.