I feel good

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive been an agoraphobic with terrible panic attack for over 25 years now. I was taking Xanax by the handful and for a very long time i wouldnt try anything else. I was scared to. I was scared of everything. My therapist finally convinced me to try Celexa and i have now been taking 20mg for about 2 years and i can tell you I havent had to have a Xanax in months. I am so happy. I still get panics attacks aome and anxiety but the difference in my quality of life is overwhelming. I can actuallu go out and do things now. I cant telll you how happy i am now! I never had bad side effects with celexa, or if i did i disnt notice because i was already in panic

Mode most pf the time anyway, bug i always had my trusty xanax with me. I still do, it is still, after 2 years on celexa, my security blanket but im happy to say, i dont have to make sure it's there every 2 seconds nowadays. I feel good.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Great to hear you have been persevering! Thank you for sharing your success, it really helps the rest of us feel even a little more hopeful on our paths to recovery.

Ps check out the book DARE: The New Method for Overcoming Anxiety and Panic Attacks. It is extremely helpful and is so much more than your typical self-help book. It really gives you an awesome method for confronting the type of anxiety and panic you seem to deal with. It has helped me a lot even in a very short period of time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.