I Feel Like I Am Dying. Help

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hello,

I'm so scared. I deep down know I'm not, but I feel like I'm dying. My whole body feels numb, tingly and my heart is RACING. I also feel a bit tremory/shaky. It's 3 am where I am at. I keep waking up feeling like I'm going to die. I'm afraid my body is telling me I should go to the hospital. Is this normal anxiety? I mean my whole body feels numb, hard to explain.  Also feel sick to my stomach - a little like im going to vomit. I'm terrified. I need re assurance. Should I go to the hospital or is it anxiety? also my hand feel like they are being shocked/ feel tingly. Legs also feel weak and numb. I'm just 

do darn scared. I need a chat. Please reply! 

thanks,

-W

0 likes, 18 replies

Report / Delete

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I should also add that every time I almost doze off to sleep, I jolt awake and feel numb tingly all over my body, also get a warm sensation over me (sound cozy but it's not). It feels invasive and scary. Am I okay? 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm like this too feel like I'm dying eyes blurry stomach problems also cannot function r u on AD I'm 4 weeks on 50mg sertraline I'm also 41 keep thinking its early menopause as periods have been irregular just had bloods done not had results yet but very scared
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm on fluoxetine and I have pills for anxiety whenever I need them (hydroxyzine). I took one of those last night and it heloed. I get blurry vision too and slurred speech. I'm sorry you go through this too. It is scary. Thanks for replying 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Whitney

I think it is purely anxiety and possibly panic. You will be ok. Your symptoms feel like an emergency but they will pass. Its a horrible feeling but just ride the wave and wait for it to ease before you go to A and E. Keep writing to us and we will talk you through the worst of it. Hugs xxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. I took a pill and was able to finally fall asleep. Thanks for the encouragement and reassurance. It was definitely a panic attack. I used to get them often but I hadn't had one that bad in awhile, so it felt super scary. The symptoms did pass as you said. 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

it sounds like a panic attack .you can try some small things then your bad feelings will remove.writing down your feelings can be helpful.meditation.repeating some positive sentences.sth that can distract you in that that moment.you can tell ur mind its just a panic attack and after some min it will go away.good luck to you.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I get this too, being jolted falling asleep, it's called hypnic jerk I think, waking up shaking (not visible) with unexplained fear feeling, feel sick to the stomach, legs feels weak... well you're having a panic attack but not full blown because a full blown attack will not just give you a racing heart but also pounding heart beats, feel like choking or skip breathing, tightness of chest and feeling of about to passout.

when this happens try hard to stay calm, walk it out while taking deep and slow breathing, this is what I do, oh and try to tell and accept that it's just a panic attack, it won't kill you and it will pass.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi! I am also the same way for a month and a half now...it starts as soon as a wake up...im consently shaky and numb feeling pressure on my chest and feel like i am sufforcating i am also dizzy and neausis...I've been to the er several times and they did blood work and said everything is fine that it's anxiety and i keep thinking that I'm going to stop breathing or die..how do i get this thought out of my head.. I need help..the psychologist says to try and relax i try but then i get afraid that when i do that my body will give out and i will die and i constantly feel like crying...i have 2 young kids to take care of..i need help to get threw this!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

These symptoms are surely linked with anxiety but to get the best assurance that nothing is wrong you must go to a docter. He'll run some tests and will confirm and explain you about anxiety. Then there are a no. Of ways to overcome anxiety.  But the best advice you are seeking will come from a docter.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Whitney

I am 25, I am feeling the same since last 4 months, but some times I am OK. Is this curable or what, or if you know any medication suggest me pls

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up