I feel like I am Ruining my marriage and losing control of my thoughts, not sure how to fix myself?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My step daughter is getting married I am completely excluded and my husband feels I'm being selfish. How do I change my feelings of constant sadness like break down in tears sadness?

0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

you cannot change your feelings just let them well up and out so that you can get over this.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi,well i dont know drtails,but if that happened here i would feel the same way.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

This is so vague. how long have you been in her life? Is this even anxiety? Im all confused
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

it sounds like you have depression my love but as you havent explained a lot its hard to help at this moment if you want to share them maybe we can be of some support only when your ready though

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Nikkster - like our fellow posters here i am wondering what the background is re: feeelings of sadness and tears.  Is this a permanent feeling, a recurring condition, or something ignited by the imminent marriage?

We're here to help. You can share anything.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

My husband and I have been married 5 yrs, he has 4 kids and I have 2

We have none together. I have been married 4 times and he has been

Married 3 times. He is my life partner, my person. However we have had

A lot of issues with our kids, his oldest boy and my oldest girl. It wasn't until

Recently that I had issues with his daughter. I take medication for bipolar,

Depression and Adderall to help me focus my thoughts. I know we

Both have resentment towards each other, we have only ever disagreed

And fought when it comes to our kids, our life together is not what

We planned, we have moved, changed jobs, changed who we are and

The kids that didn't live near us now do, we get them every other

Weekend, holidays and 6wks in the summer. We only plans things when

His kids are here, our life's revolved around each other and now it's

Like we only coexist in our home, we haven't had intimacy in about 7 months

And before that it was maybe once a month. We were both very

Sexual in the beginning, however the first issue with his son I shut down

And that was the beginning of our bumps in the road. We have had 1

Struggle after another. So now you have a history please help.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Have you all sat down with each other and simply asked her why she is excluding you kindly? Let her speak her thoughts and just listen. Is her own Mother in the picture? Your husband probably doesnt even see a real issue here. His daughter is getting married and hes happy. I dont think it was intentional to hurt you, i dont think she meant to hurt you shes just busy trying to get her life started. Relaize her Dad is on wife number 3 so in her mind she probably doesnt view you as her Mom. Shes been thru a few of them. Look at it from her perspective. You have all this love you want to give and be included but maybe in her mind shes like stop. Wait. I have a mom and then everytime i got close to someone they were gone so no not doing that. I think this is something you all need to air out but bottom line is be happy for her. I dont think she feels this about you. Im saying that kindly. But i dont know everyone lives involved its all a guess here. You chose to marry this man because you love him. Kids come with the package. But try hard to understand you are an outsider in some ways okay at least to her. This is about you and your husband and dont destroy that love. These kids all go off at some point and it is just you and your husband. I hope that helps. 
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up