I feel like I dont want to live anymore... Im done with all this.

Posted , 8 users are following.

My heart is racing. My blood pressure is high. Im young and healthy.

Not always, but yes it races. If I stand up it goes to 140 bpm. Full max in a workout and it goes around 220. I dont know whats wrong with me. My first cardiologist I saw last august. We did ekg and echo. Normal. "Just drink more water," he says. And I did, but the racing and lightheadness persisted. I tried to live with it but my anxiety started kicking in telling me if I dont find an answer soon I will suddenly die. "You have Heart Failure.. you have HCM...you have valve disease." my mind says. I go to another cardiologist and they do a 30 day event monitor, stress test, holter, and an amubulatory bp monitor. At the end they couldnt find an answer to my heart racing and says its my anxiety that is causing it. Yet, why is that in times of complete calm it happens? Why is that when I stand up my heart rate jumps 30 bpm? My blood pressure also correlates with my anxiety they told me.

Fine. Whatever. Im just gonna live with it as if it is normal.

For about 2 weeks I would say I was fine. I kept the anxious thoughts away, and ignored my racing heart. Until I started getting these dull headaches on the side of my head. Then palpitations when I stood up or sat down in my neck. I feel my blood pressure being high.

Now I dont know what to with my life. My parents said no more doctors at all. This cant be normal. It is impossible. Is it a thyroid problem, anemia? I just dont know what it is anymore. Im crying right now typing this because I feel like the most hopeless person in the world. My birthday is tomorrow and I dont even care. I just want a diagnosis. I dont want it to be anxiety. I dont even care how bad it is, I want to know what is wrong with me.

Please help, I just want to have fun, be active and stay fit without dying. Please.

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

Zez, You are absolutely not dying! From everything you have written, it sounds like you have severe anxiety and possibly depression. It looks like you’ve been checked out thoroughly.

a racing heart from anxiety is not going to harm you. . and I know how horrible it can feel!

and yes, a racing heart can come on suddenly even if you are completely calm. it happens to many people including myself.

its like you’re feeling completely calm and relaxed and then all of a sudden the heart starts to race.

you are not hopeless. What you need is help with anxiety management. There must be some underlying thing in your life that is causing anxiety. Think about what it could be.

Another possibility is that it is hereditary. Do you know anyone in your family with anxiety? There is a link. I believe that is what caused mine. and that tendency for anxiety that is inherited sometimes can really cause minor issues in life to seem gigantic, .

the dull headaches are also another symptom of anxiety. I got those all the time and also felt a pressure on the top of my head.

how would you feel about speaking with a counselor about this? It’s very difficult to overcome on your own and it helps a lot to vent to somebody who has the tools to help you manage this. It helped me a lot.

what I have learned over the years is that anxiety is a condition just like any other condition such as diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. It Has to be managed in order to feel your best.they are good days and not so good days so I take each day one at a time. but you definitely can learn how to manage it better.

There are also some great YouTube talks on anxiety that may benefit you.

a great Way to bring down the heart rate is proper breathing for anxiety. Whenever you were feeling that way again, go to YouTube and search for something called stop panic attacks now. then scroll for something called don’t panic.

Even if you’re not having a panic attack, this method brings down the heart rate! Then listen to the person who will guide you through it. It’s short but very effective!

so, basically , .........

1 make an appointment to visit a counselor. They see anxiety patients all the time and know how to help.

2. listen to relaxing meditations for anxiety and the breathing one. and talks on YouTube for anxiety

3.take one day at a time. Remember the more you get upset about this, the worse you will feel ,

4. do some fact checking. One example is that you have been checked out by doctors and they can’t find anything wrong. Another fact is that you are young and healthy and the odds of anything serious is very low.

5. do things to relax your mind. Try to have a matter-of-fact attitude about anxiety.

6. ALWAYS remind yourself that there is always hope and that you can have a great future. As much is anxiety and it’s accompanying symptoms are very annoying, it’s not something that is life-threatening. Be a fighter for yourself!

7. you may need some medication to take the edge off or something if you are depressed. Talk to your doctor about that.

8.take care of yourself! ❤

• Edited

excellent advice. couldn't have said it better

• Edited

i have similar situation like you.... but im unable to do any physical activity.... i used go to gym 10 years in a row.... and now 2 years i cant workout anymore... My heart starts racing when i stand up or walk up the stairs.... not to mention what happens when i try to workout or lift heavy weights.... my heart pounds and palpitates so loud like its gonna explode and jump out of my chest and then i get bad panic attacks from it..... 2 weeks ago i tried to ignore symptoms and workout heavy and i got bad headache in left side of the head and after that blurred vision and ringing in ears.... i done all tests.... and they say its " anxiety " but im not so sure... im still afraid its maybe some serious problem with my autonomic nervous system.... when i try to workout i have a feeling like my heart is not pumping blood properly to whole parts of body.... and i get a lof dizziness and lightheadness too.... i dont know what to do... maybe some medications could help for anxiety.... i got prescribed antidepressant and some antipsychotic but im afraid to drink those meds because i had some horrible side effects in the past and it didnt help.... I had completely same symptoms like you but then i f****d up myself completely with preworkout and energy drink before gym.... so now i cant do any physical activity but my cardiologist said that " my heart is completely healthy ".

• Edited

your not dying! i have anxiety,panic disorder and depression. mine got so bad i felt like i was outside of my body but still functioning somehow. I am emotionally numb my body gets numb and i panic. I feel no one can help me either. I started Venlafaxine generic for Effexor. I started it end of April this year and just bumped up my dose from 75mg to 150mg about 3 weeks ago. Im still struggling until the medicine takes full effect. My heart races, I get hot flashes, my chest gets tight, i get light headed dizzy and feel like i will die. Your not alone but do call your doctor and see if you can get prescribed a anti anxiety medicine since your struggling non medicated. There is no shame in being on a anti anxiety/anti depressant medicine. If it gives you your quality of life back its worth it.

• Edited

so I’ve had anxiety for many years and I do know that it does take a huge toll on the body. That’s why when you work out you feel worse because your heart has to beat faster from the fatigue that anxiety causes. I know exactly what you’re talking about because I remember trying to work out also and just feeling completely wiped out and my heart would be faster. Sometimes even walking up or down stairs would be exhausting. One time I couldn’t even get up off the couch and I thought I had some horrible disease but everything came back normal so yes, anxiety is just a monster.

• Edited

Please don't waste your life on this, I was you 15 years ago. Go buy 5htp and ashwagandha take 5htp 100mg 3 times a day and the ashwagandha after breakfast and dinner, also buy some Gaba it calms down the anxiety. Get a good Multivitamin,DHA from algae take about 2. If Viatamin D is low get a good one with vit K in it.

You need to calm down, you have an anxious brain and you have the power to stop it. THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING if you dont take control. I promise you can do this.

• Posted

I've had the same things happen to me as you only been dealing with this for over a decade.

I've seen several Cardiologist had ekgs, stress tests, echo, holter monitor, chest xray, and cardiac blood panels done. After everything came back normal and my doctor said I was perfectly healthy, I felt better for a week then I started worrying again.

I have the racing heart and I get skipped beats every day and every time they happen it sets off the alarm in my head and I worry they missed something and I'm going to die.

I also have stomach pain and worry I have some type of disease or cancer even though a year ago I had several tests and a colonoscopy done and was told by a gastroenterologist it was just IBS from anxiety.

I think at the end of the day it comes down to accepting that it is anxiety and stress. Once you accept that it isn't some disease you have to address what's causing all this pent up anxiety/stress which is the root of all your physical symptoms. Only then can true healing begin.

I'm an avid weight lifter as one of the posters commented and I've developed the mentality if I'm going to die from doing what I love then so be it. I'm not going to let this stop me from living my life. Living in constant fear is not a life worth living.

• Posted

have you been tested for POTS? i have been experiencing exactly the same and im having tests but my cardiologist now believes i may have POTS. look it up if you havent heard of it but if your HR increases by 30bpm or more upon standing then its a good indication that this may be why

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.