I feel like I'll die if I fall asleep, please help.

Posted , 4 users are following.

ok so i went to the doctor about 2 weeks ago because i was coughing alot and coughing some blood so he took an xray and said everything looked fine and pointed out theres the food i ate for breakfast, after leaving i started to think wait i didnt eat any breakfast  and havnt eaten in a while,i was wonderig if he could have seen a tumor and mistaken it for food, im freaking out and do alot but ive never been really tired and panicy before..

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'd call up there and tell the receptionist you failed to tell the Dr important information. Maybe he'll take another look at your X-Rays.

• Posted

Hi Max.

It sounds like a gastric problem called gastroparesis.

It's also known as lazy stomach because the stomach doesn't digest the eaten food properly or does it very, very slowly.

Within 90 minutes, over half of a meal should be digested and in the small intestine.

If you hadn't eaten and your stomach did have food in it, then it wasn't digested.

As CajunRicky said, you should tell your doctor or receptionist so that the x-rays can be re-checked.

If it is undigested food, your doctor will probably send you for an endoscopy.

• Posted

Yes u should go back or phone to get it re checked.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.