I feel like i'm going crazy,really scared and need help. :(

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello! Ok so I'm new to this forum and i'm 14 years old. I have not been feeling like myself at all lately. Like literally not myself. Basically I have somehow developed this fear of getting schizophrenia/psychosis and it is driving me mad. I was stupid and looked up the symptoms because I couldn't help myself. Now i'm afraid I might start seeing things and hearing voices. I know it's stupid and I wouldn't be afraid of these things if I had never looked them up. Then this random thought came into my mind one day and I thought "What if my whole life is an illusion and everyone is a figment of my imagination?". This thought hasn't left me in days and I can't get it out of my head. Every time I talk to someone, like my friend, I start to wonder "What if she's not real?" or "What if life isn't real?". This has left me in a daze for about a week and a half and I wish I could go back to my normal self. I feel like i'm in a constant dream. Am I going crazy or??? I'm really scared plz help. sad

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

no my darling you are not its anxiety have you been to a doctor at all or told your parents
    • Posted

Yeah I told my parents and I'm going to a therapist tommorrow. Hopefully she can help. Fingers crossed!
    • Posted

fantastic she will help you my love let me know how you go on just take a day at a time you will get there xx

• Posted

Thanks for the suppport <3. sadly my therapist was sick today and i couldn't meet with her but i'm going on friday. today was really bad at school though.  sadly="" my="" therapist="" was="" sick="" today="" and="" i="" couldn't="" meet="" with="" her="" but="" i'm="" going="" on="" friday.="" today="" was="" really="" bad="" at="" school="">
  • Posted

Sound like you depersonalization (look this up on google) I'm 34 and I have had it for 10 years! You are not going crazy it's just your anxiety that makes your mind race and think of crazy things!!! You need to relax.. Please tell your mam or dad how you are feeling don't feel like this on your own, I know it feels scary!! Also go and see your doctor they might give you something for your anxiety

• Posted

I have the same fear, sweetie. Been told by 10 psychologists and psychiatrists that it's anxiety and not schizophrenia, but I keep thinking it is and one day will just wake up not in reality. Please get help before you let it get bad. I'm rely working on itsmile keep Us Posted on what the therapist says smile
    • Posted

Nice to know someone's been going through the same thing. Thanks a lot. smile 
    • Posted

Some people with anxiety fear they're having me a heart attack, having a stroke. For some reason our fear is schizopjrenia. Just a different symptom.
    • Posted

Yep. Sadly with this symptom, it's on my mind every second of the day. I just can't get over it. Like if I see something in the corner of my eye, I'll think it's a hallucination and start freaking out. 
    • Posted

I know all too well, kiddo. We can beat this. If we were really schizophrenic we would not realize we were schizophrenic
    • Posted

i can relate to your thoughts ive found that the thoughts that plague us can be our biggest fears ad thats the reason they bother us to the point of chronic anxiety mine are going crazy or what if i do something to myself x

• Posted

That is true. I still obsess over, but I'm hoping my thoughts will subside eventually. 
  • Posted

Stay away from looking up health issues, mental etc. Our anxiety minds are looking for "uncertainty"  things that are not certain, concrete, possible ailments, illness, mental or physical.  When you search for your own diagnosis' you are opening your mind to "what if's" What ifs feed your anxieties!!  Stick to what you know you have and how you can learn to cope, find relief from it.  You can not think yourself in schizophrenia! Your not crazy, you have anxiety, find ways to accept it.  meditation, mindfullness, distract yourself with fun relaxing activities.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.