I feel so tired lately

Posted , 2 users are following.

Lately i have been feeling so tired i struggle to get up in a morning and if my partners off shift like today i can stay in bed until like 12 noon because i feel that drained. I also keep feeling dizzy 24/7 it doesn't leave me when i have these episodes that last weeks and also been getting tension headaches and back of the neck pain. I feel so out of it and detached from myself like im not here because i feel so tired. What could be the cause other than anxiety? My blood tests last year were all normal. Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

It could be a number of things depression can cause you to find it hard to get out of bed in the morning as for the dizziness it maybe anxiety but usually during a panic attack anemia is also another cause for tiredness and headaches and dizziness but if you have had blood tests then you should be fine but there iron vitamins you can take everyday that help reduce tiredness and the feeling of detachness is a symptom of depression and anxiety to maybe speaking to your doctor about some medication like citalopram what is used for anxiety and depression but another thing that could cause dizziness could be vertigo which is normally worse when turning your head from side to side quickly but I'm not a doctor and there is alot of other things that can cause these symptoms but I don't think you have anything to worry about if your bloods were all normal hope this helps
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I keep thinking what if its something neurological although i did have a CT scan back in Oct 2013. Ive had cardiology investigations also which were normal. My calcium levels were normal to but im wondering if i should ask for my magnesium levels to be tested. I think ill try a multi-vitamin daily and see if it helps. Maybe i need to be exercising daily to get an energy boost but then i feel scared to do anything because i feel so dizzy and faint although ive never fainted. I also worry because my chest races a lot when im up and about walking around the house so i think will i be ok exercising. Its just a constant battle and not having any answers other than anxiety but how can i feel so ill and so dependant on others to accompany me places because i feel ill all the time like surely anxiety cant make you feel like this x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Anxiety can make you feel like this I always have someone company me when I'm out the house cause I'm scared I will faint if your heart is racing alot due to anxiety there is a tablet called propranolol that is used to slow the heart down a bit when your anxious as it is a beta blocker and I have currently Been on citalopram for panic aattacks and depression and my panic attacks have gone and vertigo may be a cause for you dizziness are you constantly dizzy or unbalanced? Or just in spells? It do you suffer from low or high blood pressure as this may play a part to and signs of vertigo usually make you feel more dizzy when moving your head side to side quickly or laying down can make it worse vertigo is nothing to worry about its just an inner ear thing
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Have you been ill with a viral illness at all

sounds v like chronic fatigue syndrome or a post viral fatigue

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up