i feel stupid

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys...

been reading through your forums and this orlistat seems interesting

I have been battling with my weight since a kid and a couple of years ago i dropped 3 stone due to stress and anxiety..now im feeling better..yep you guessed it..i put my weight back on 10 fold..i have been working out and leading a healthy lifestyle for about a year now and honestly i havent lost a thing..even through my portion sizes are pretty small..i go swimming 3 times a week.and i got to the gym twice a week. i honestly dont think this is normal lol

I have a appointment with my gp tonight and im aprehensive that she might not prescribe me anything. As i have asked her before for help and she just said exercise more..how on earth can i exercise more ARGH!!

Here are my stats

Height:5ft 10

Weight:19st 3 lbs

What do u guys think am i in with a chance?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Good luck at the docs tonight.

I really don't know how it will go for you as different docs have different views, but i do hope that she/he offers you some help.

Jax x

• Posted

Hey Jax

thank you for your reply....i have to have blood tests and stuff before she will give them me sad

but lets hope :D

• Posted

Fingers crossed for you :D
  • Posted

wll its been a week and i have seen my doctor..and she has given me a months supply of orlistat

Do they work tho :shock:

• Posted

Congratulations!!!

For me, they have worked. 5 weeks in and I've lost a stone, but I've radically changed my eating habits too. I eat very plain food now, like vegetable rice, grilled chicken and plain baked potatoes, tomato pasta etc, but it's a small sacrafice really smile And I've actually gotten a taste for plain food, I get a little kick out of being healthy now smile

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

• Posted

Well done for taking the plunge. Your GP was definitely the right place to start but if you have difficulty even on the orlistat and you haven't got any underlying reason for being heavy such as an underactive thyroid then you may benefit from seeing a dietitian. Their expertise is far greater than a GP's although they canot actually prescribe medication. If you are exercising alot, not eating junk and still not losing weight then you may need to look at portion control. Most people are horrified when they see what a recommended portion size of meat (pack of cards) or cheese (matchbox size) looks like. You may also be taking in things which most people wouldn't recognise as being concentrated sources of calories like natural fruit juice (high concentrations of sugar) or smoothies (ditto)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.