I feel super awful and I can't tell if I have anxiety or actual health issues

Posted , 4 users are following.

For this past 2-3 weeks I feel super tired and I can get enough sleep because I feel like I am going to die or I have a serious health condition. I can't sleep at night and I sweat all over. During day time, I feel tired as if my body was going to give out. I have a tight sensation on my head and ribs and also some random ache or pain all over my body and that cause me to feel even more anxious. I feel dizzy during the day as if I have a brain tumour. I constantly check all over my body for symptoms and start googling them but that made me even more stress as they stated that all those symptoms may be cancer symptoms. I feel like I am dying pls help me. I do not know if I have anxiety or real health issues.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I also want to add that I do not have any anxiety attacks but can feel symptoms of it like shortness of breath and tightness. I feel pain all over my body and it triggers me and overall makes me more stress than and anxious. I went to the doctor 2 times and they said I just have some stomach issues which would go away soon. But I didnt mention about my anxiety to them. Should I go to the doctor's again or is this just normal anxiety.

• Posted

I’d suggest you o back to you doctors I’m in the exact same position as you everything you have written st the tip is what I was experiencing and I still am I’m convinced I have a brain tumour or cancer I get pain in my ribs and any little thing makes me worried sick! I went to my GP today but I had written everything down on paper and gave it to them because I could explain my feelings more and I have been diagnosed with health anxiety. The slightest thing makes me worried and it’s making me physically sick within myself because I’m that tired off dealing with it 
    • Posted

I hate this feeling. I feel super tired and exhausted. I wish I could just live a normal life like last time but my anxiety just doesn't seem to be going away and I feel as if I am dying of some sort of serious disease. I may be worrying too much but seeking for a full health check up cost alot and I'm not that financially stable as I'm only a 16 year old and I feel awkward talking about it to my parents. Should I go for a normal GP or maybe get a full body check up. I don't know why but everytime I get to a GP I always seem to miss a symptom and it makes me feel more worried because I feel like that's very important. I may sound like a ignorant guy but I feel that seeing a GP is not helping me at all. Maybe it's because of my anxiety. I hope to get better soon. So should I consult a GP or just wait out this anxiety.

• Posted

You always feel like you’ve left something important out that’s the way anxiety works! It plays with us,I can be fine all day and then I think my heart is all of a sudden skipping a beat or im going to have a heart attack or something. Your best going back to your gp if it costs too much,I always think the same that I’m dying or I have a serious illness 
  • Posted

You say  feel dizzy during the day.. wondering if it goes away at some point when the day  goes on?  That's something I've been watching with myself.. do they go away amd come back and when?  With a severe illness,thing she wouldn't really just go away,I wouldn't think anyway.

Googling symptoms is dangerous.. I could feel okay and google and actually feel my body tensing and that feeling of anxiety growing,I'm sure most of us have done that lol ugh. Probably anxiety but always good to check with dr if you haven't. Hugs 

• Posted

Anxiety can cause sooooo many physical symptoms, even when you're are not actually feeling anxious. I call it like a subconscious anxious lol like you don't mentally feel it, but clearly your body does and that's why you are having symptoms.

I've had sooo many diff physical symptoms from anxiety. I get the dizzy, on a boat feeling ALL the time lately and I know it's my anxiety bc the min I'm distracted its gone. I've also had the fatigue and body aches, and much much more.

Fun fact lol: My friend is an EMT and she said you wouldn't believe the amount of calls they get for ppl that think they are having heart attacks or other health issues, and it turns out to be just anxiety. It really is amazing what your mind can do to your body physically.

If your symptoms persist I highly suggest seeing a therapist, one who specializes in anxiety. I do and it helps me a lot. I used the Psychology Today website to find one near me.

• Posted

I also want to ask that if you guys feel any sort of pain or aches, where does it normally occur? For me I feel like my back is tense and sometimes I can feel muscle spasms on my leg and back. I also have some hip pain which I don't know if it is caused by anxiety or just really bad posture or any sort of sports because I play many sports. And sometimes I feel a super uncomfortable feeling in my pelvic area.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.