I feel worse at night

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive been on citalopram and propanalol for two weeks now due to stress and anxiety it seems to calm me down a little somedays but im now getting frightened to go to sleep at night. I play my music to keep me relaxed but im still waking up to my heart racing I hadnt had it for a couple of nights and i thought the tablets were starting to kick in but it hapened again last night does anyone else get this please according to the doctors and an ecg im ok and its anxiety I would have thought the propanalol would have kicked in by now. im meant to be going on holiday next week abroad and the last thing I want to do is ruin the holiday for my family 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?
  • Posted

I have a lot of anxiety at night, as well. I try to watch movies or shows, look at this forum, but I don't know what to do anymore. I don't have the money for online therapy, my mom won't take me to the nearest therapist to schedule an appointment, and I'm plain miserable. I'm off-balance, depressed, anxious, and really hating my life right now. I used to be so care-free... Yes, I did have depression, but it didn't continue on & on like this, along with anxiety. Having anxiety & depression, is like hell. rolleyes
    • Posted

Do you get the racing heart and palpitations that wake you up yes I've had depression in the past but I've never had it go on like this it's a living hell
    • Posted

Yes, I get that often. But I get it more so, right when I'm about to sleep. rolleyes
  • Posted

Hiya,

Yeh indeed its so horrid when you can't sleep, whether its due to anxiety or something else, its horrid. Hope u manage to sleep better soon.

Maybe try a bit of lavender oil on a handkerchief or your pillow or olbas oil? Or Kalms tablets or valerian - both natural remedies.

I find listening to relaxation sounds, music and apps very useful and relaxing. Maybe try using the digipill app, headspace, calm and relaxing music apps if you have a smartphone? 😉 If not, then maybe search youtube for meditation, hypnotherapy audio sessions.

Hope that makes sense, take care. Xx

• Posted

yes I am a great believer in the aromatherpy oils and I do use lavender I also use bergamont and patouchii in the day. I also listen to my music at night as when I used to meditate i could take my self off but now Im aware of my own heartbeat which for some reason disturbs me they have all worked in the past but at this moment of time I am really struggling thank you for your help 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.