I Feel worthless and dont see a future

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel like i dont have a future.

I have had depression and anxiety for years now. 

Recently i have felt down, wanting to cry, wanting to do nothing, lack of appetite etc.

I have also been having trouble with my stomach, and noticed my hair is getting thinner, I currently have a mop haircut so will have a haircut soon and go shorter. So I am worried what people will say. I am 25 male.

I have reached out for therapy through the nhs. I have been on citlopram for a few years now.

I dont see a future

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

So sorry you feel that way.. I know exactly how u feel I lost a lot of weight because I haven't been eating very little or not at all.. and I have stomach issues and I'm so scared right now.. what's some of your stomach symptoms??? Oh but don't worry what others think I'm just now starting to learn that my hair is thinning and I'm cutting mines too lol I don't want to but I need to. IF the person or people aren't uplifting you then F them. Right now you are in the dark but you will see the light soon love keep pushing . I understand because I have days where I just want to quit but I just keep on going. And most of all stay positive tell yourself you'll make it out.. and you will ??

• Posted

Pain in the centre under my rib cage, same type of pain just to the right of my belly button, loss of appetite, horrible taste in my mouth.

I have been eating bland and drinking plenty of water. Had blood and stool tests done and both came back absolutely fine so doctor doesnt think its anything majorly serious.

Think it looked thin as my hair felt dry amd greasy despite washing it The day before. Hasnt really looked that bad, i am trying to change my parting from centre to one side.

• Posted

Hey theWolverine, what seems to be clouding your future? Why do you think you have no future? You're only 25 you have so much more to see and experience have you ever traveled?

• Posted

I havent really traveled, been on holiday but mainly in England.

I find it hard to see a good future for me, i have not got any money to spend on things. I want to have kids one day but I havent got a girlfriend. 

• Posted

I know the UK has a lot of benefits maybe start at a small job or start selling stuff online, something anything that you can make some cash you will feel better about yourself. When the time is right you will meet someone but you have to take care off yourself first before you can put yourself out there.

Stacy

• Posted

Hi

Im not on any benefits. A couple of years ago i started sellin ob ebay, was doin ok until sept last year when things just wasn’t selling at all.

• Posted

Dear

what you are feeling and going through, many have gone through same situation ..

you are not the only one nor first one to be going through.

there is definitely way out..

start by relaxation.. long and deep relaxation..and not dwelling on past imperfections..

these imperfections do not belong to you and your real self is far deeper than these experiences..

so relax.. do not indentify yourself with these imperfections..

and remain relaxed please..all through the day

and when you sleep, hand over all responsibity to God..

remain physically and mentally relaxed, and daily do breathing ritual of slow and long breathing  several times a day..and your digestion shall definitely improve..(well, i say it from my experience)

affirm, inwardly and mentally, with deep conviction,, "i am relaxed and all shall be good"

do not hurry actions.. mentally or physically.. be slow and steady..

i am not asking you to take a long break.. but have plenty of sleep/relaxation ..

those who undergo anxiety are in fact subjecting their brains to higher stresses.. so sitting idle with anxiety will not do our brains any benefit...in fact anxiety makes our heart also work harder..

how then to relax?

after long introspection, i find that deep thinking in relaxed way is better than idleness.

keep in touch here.. know that there are many many many people like you and who are undergoing same experience that you are undergoing..

so be relaxed... unhurried.. focussed.. full of faith(despite temporary contrary signals).. and do think deeply.. do not avoid thinking,, and do something even a little..this is sequence of approach..

God bless you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.