I feel worthless and uneeded.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Start of the year, I fell in love with a guy later to find out that he doesn't like me that's not what bothered me, for some reason I felt like I was worthless and pathetic I got depression which I recovered from after 2 months in those two months I thought about suicide I wouldn't eat and I had a derealization attack. Now after about 3 months I started liking a guy again which I hate about myself, thinking that all of this is due to a person, he doesn't like me either although I have no idea how he knows I like him but throughout all of this no one has been supporting me and my actual friends rub it in my face and now I have depression again no one knows about it, I don't want to trouble people with my own problems. Writing this makes me feel utterly dramatic and I know I am but it just feels like I don't matter anymore. I've given up on love since I am unwanted and my friends don't really care all that much about me. So basically I am alone i'm afraid of becoming a failure. I cry myself to sleep every night and I just ask why me I truly want all of this to end, I've never been like this before and it's all because some guys, but at the end it's much more.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello JoannaAma,

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologise for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The organisations below can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen. If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to one of these organisations who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

There are several helplines in the US which can help you.

They include the Crisis Call Center on Phone: (800) 273-8255;

Hopeline Network on Phone: (800) 422-HOPE (1-800-422-4673)

and the National Suicide Prevention Hotline on Phone: (800) 273-TALK (1-800-273-8255).

Please do reach out - there are many good people who can help.

For users outside of the USA please have a look at this page https://www.befrienders.org/directory

Kindest Regards,

Patient

• Posted

Hi Joanna, you are not being dramatic....what you are feeling is valid. Your friends don't seem to be very supportive.....hardly friends at all....but I think you already realise this. You could work on building up your self-esteem & maybe distance yourself from friendships/relationships which make you feel worse. Are there any hobbies/activities that u like doing which could help u to meet new people? It's never too late to find a fresh group of friends who will appreciate you. First you need some self-compassion to value yourself for who you are.....unique, beautiful & special. I've learnt the truth of not being able to love someone else if I don't first love myself. Sounds like a cliche but it's not! Do you have family to support you & talk to? Don't give up on yourself please. Keep in touch with us here :-)

• Posted

Dearest Joanna: I truly hope you have reached out to the various organizations. I will repeat a Dr.Phil quote. In that Some times you have to give yourself what you have not received from others. Another quote take an hour at a time or a day at a time. Volunteer at some of the organizations. I find the no kill shelters and local spca not kill shelters for me. You don't have to talk to people if you don't want to. Find a cause that is greater then yourself. Also food banks. If you are dating try to not burden someone with your problems. Everyone has problems you will scare them off. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.