I fell.

Posted , 12 users are following.

Friday night I used the rest room without my walker and lost my balance. Grabbed the towel bar which broke and fell into the bathtub. I've had broken ribs in the past and am sure I broke some with this fall. Extremely Painfull along with my knee pain I feel like I've been hit by a truck! Be careful everyone!

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Aunt Dee

I am very very sorry to hear it.  TKR is painful enough without that.  I've been afraid of falling every since surgery.  I hope you feel better soon but I know you're going to have some pain filled days till you do.  

• Posted

Omg you poor thing hugs and hope you feel better soon knee pain is bad enough without adding extra pain take care of yourself
  • Posted

Cardinal Rule:

You never have this kind of surgery without proper equipment to come home too. I am a retired CNA of years ago. You have that Walker beside you at all times, handicap bar should be on the wall by toliet or you have an over the toliet device with handles on it!! A towel bar is for towels!!!!!!!

God love you, please read your homework before having surgery!!!!

• Posted

Thank you. I am 6 1/2 weeks post surgery. I have all equipment but thought I was doing well enough to try independence. My bad.
  • Posted

I'm so sorry to hear that you have fallen. Do get yourself xrayed. Although find cracked or broken unless extreme are usually left to heal as a ex nurse they used to bind when I was nursing less painful. Anyway don't let anyone lecture you. It happens with all if the best intentions and equipment at hand. I fell 5 month post TKR. I am now 2 weeks post TKR on the otherleg and my injury which needed 24 stitches really us now causing bother as my swollen TKR is making my injury throb. I struggle every day since my op and wish I was at least 3 month post op knowing my injury will be getting better. I Do hope you recover from your fall soon. Don't get too upset. Humongous hugs 💖💖💖💖

• Posted

How awful! This adds another dynamic to your TKR recovery. How can you do PT,? Moving and turning has got to be so painful.  Be strong. Eat a muffin and watch old movies.  Let us know how you are doing.

Ellie

• Posted

I have my Oncologist appointment and physical therapy tomorrow both which I am cancelling. Also had large toe synthetic implant surgery Dec 5. I'm 54 yrs old going on 100.

• Posted

I hope you feel better soon. Best wishes x
  • Posted

Oh no, what a shame! I think this is a fear we all have and yes, we're all so impatient and want to run before we can walk. I hope you're better soon. Take care xx

• Posted

On wards and upwards, be strong, cry why you need to. remember we are all here for you, more recovery time needed but try and stay positive and most of all take care.
  • Posted

Thank you. I went to the ER today and yes its broken ribs. They gave me a shot of morphine, another script for pain med and muscle relaxers.
    • Posted

So sorry to hear it Aunt Dee.  That sounds so painful!!! 
    • Posted

Thank you. Yes it is but the muscle relaxers are helping.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.