i get anxiety crisis in hospitals or medical centers

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have noticed i get very anxious whenever i enter a hospital or any other medical center, specially when the doctor is going to take my tension /blood presure my heart races like crazy. i am learning to control it. does it happen to anyone here?. it s been happening lately it s becoming a phobia, something i didnt have last year. it started this month.

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

It happens to me when i enter a busy shopping mall or a restuarant or when i have to meet someone over coffee. My heart starts racing, but you need to tell yourself that it is perfectly safe to be there. Checking blood pressure is pretty common and there is no threat in it. Try going again and again - might feel a bit uncomfortable during the first few visits then you will come to a point where your brain will get bored and no longer anxious smile
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have health anxiety....I actually avoid hospitals or anything like that...for fear of hearing something that I don't wanna hear....which I know probably actually going and getting a reassurance that I'm fine would help...but I know exactly what your going thru
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

White coat syndrome. Im so similiar i figure is lack,of trust that causes it. Just hate being diagnosed woth anything and barely trust them these days. Maybe you feel the same. Need to be more trusting
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yup, I go to the hospital when I feel like somethings wrong but once I'm there I freak out. Even though the hospital is probably the safest place to be if anything did happen to me, I'm afraid something will happen, it makes no sense!

And then while waiting for results of tests I freak because I constantly think "What if my fears come true? What if there is something wrong?" and then start panicking because I don't wanna know if anything is actually seriously wrong.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up