I get heart palpitations from everything, did anyone experience this?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was just wondering if anyone of you guys with hyperthyrodism have experienced anything similar.

So, for a while I have noticed that I feel my heart beating harder (palpitation), it also feels like it's beating faster but my heart rate is normal. I also found out when this occurs. Lets say I was going to work out the next day and I was looking forward to that. This is not something new as I usually work out. My heart palpitates severily and my body heats up, and i cannot sleep. Or lets say I was gonna make a new workout plan...same thing. Or watch a new movie.. It's like my body is OVERSTIMULATED by everything or like i am oversensitive, but i dont know why sad. I also noticed that I have become more irritable and emotionally unstable. I have lost the ability to handle any type of stress. What could cause these strange things?

Note: I have had a blood test to check for thyroid hormones, and the results werr normal. I have also had an EKG and blood cell count, all normal. But i am somehow convinced its thyroid related because my dad had a goitre, my mother and brother both have hyperthyrodism, so it kind of runs in the family.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It seems like hyperthyroidism. That is what I had. I find that I need eat healthier, which means limiting carbs and getting enough healthy proteins and vitamins. I also take methimazole and atenolol just before bed to help me calm down enough to sleep. The problem with hyperthyroidism is that your stress can trigger it so you have to learn to control your thoughts. Conversely, hyperthyroidism can make tou oversensitive to stimulation. I work out too and after I spend 10 minutes or so calming down, like going to the sauna. Then, when I think about working out

, I focus on the end relaxing part. I hope this helps.

• Posted

It may be an adrenal problems such as pheochromocytoma.  Pheochromocytoma is a rare tumor that usually starts in the cells of one of your adrenal glands. Although they are usually benign, pheochromocytomas often cause the adrenal gland to make too many hormones. This can lead to high blood pressure and cause symptoms such as

Headaches

Sweating

Pounding of the heart

Being shaky

Being extremely pale

or some other condition of the adrenal glands that produces excessive cortisol at times.

• Posted

Oh my god....I think you just gave me the answer. I have been taking pulmicort, a corticosteroid for over six months to treat esophageal inflammation. I stopped over six months ago. You suggested any other condition that produces excessive cortisol, and Cushings Syndrome matches all my symptoms and is the most likely because it can be causes by taking corticosteroid for a long time. Thank you so much, you have given me a significant amount of hope smile I will call my doctor tomorrow. Perhaps the crying, depression, emotional things will stop and i can finally sleep at night. God bless you.
  • Posted

I been having the same thing going on too seems everything makes heart race my thyroid was checked recently all normal levels but my tsh was low normal and free t4 was low normal not sure if this could cause hyper symptoms
  • Posted

Hello wanononymous, I had heart palpitations too. The doctor said I had a heart murmur,and put me on heart medicine. With hyperthyrodism, its a small tumor near the thyroid. I had mine  taken out about 3 weeks ago. I can sleep now and not as hungry as I use to be,was always craving sweets. You might have the same thing. Maria

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.