I get seasonal depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

When I was in school I was super excited for the holidays! But now it’s so different.   I always feel sad and alone. I’m not even excited anymore. I just want to hide in my room and not let anyone see me. I get seasonal depression because I miss a specific person too and it doesn’t feel right without them so that is also a cause. My anxiety feels worse than usual and is even acting up when not having contact with another person. I recently got grounded and I’m not allowed to go online, that is probably one of the reasons why I’m so sad because I can’t talk to my best friend who always helps me through these things. He always manages to make me happy but now that I can’t talk to him everything is falling apart. I wish everything was like it was when I was little, it felt like Christmas, I felt happy. Now it’s just garbage. I can’t handle it. Last night I had insomnia and I couldn’t sleep because I was so upset. I have nobody to talk to, nothing to make me feel happiness, no reason to even talk to people. I just end up feeling worse around everyone. I just want to have a happy holiday but I can’t. My mind won’t let me and I can’t bear it any longer. If anyone could please suggest anything to help I would be so so greatful. I couldn’t fit every single detail in here but I hope this is enough. Thank you for reading. (Sorry if there are spelling errors I have a spanish keyboard)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amberrr. So sorry that you are so sad and depressed and I think the holidays can make it worse if you have anything personal going on. I can identify with you on that. 

All my life Christmas has been my favorite time of the year but I got divorced after a 28 year marriage and it changed everything. Now after a great deal of time and pain I now deal with it in a more positive way and have become more flexible. Also I realize that it's just one day a very important day because I am a Christian and I look at it from that point of view and get the focus off me. 

That being said..you are a young girl and I was just like you when I was your age. How long are you grounded so you can talk to your friend? I know you miss him. We are here to listen. Diane

• Posted

Amberr1

Do you have a SAD LAMP, You can get them from many chemists Also sometimes you might get one at ALDI. This lifts the mood for people who suffer low mood because of the light is so poor in the winter

How old are you Amber, if you are under sixteen you will need to ask your Mam to take you to your GP if your condition is a real depression. If it is all to do with been grounded, how long will it be to get back online and be able to contact your friends ?

BOB

• Posted

It’s not just with being grounded, that just made it a little bit harder. But thanks! I’ll take that into consideration smile
    • Posted

If it is the time of year the Sad Light seems to work for many.

Can I help ??

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.