I give UP!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've been to every doctor under the sun, I don't know what else to do. I've been eating healthily and have avoided any and all carbs. As a final resort I have opted to see a homeopath who has assured me that he will do all that he can to help. But I'm so scared. My face hurts, my chest hurts, my stomach constantly cramps, and at times I just cannot breathe. Someone reassure me. What is it that I'm not doing?

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Have u been diagnosed with acid reflux

And had any further tests ?

Does this happen all of the time ?

I have been suffering from reflux for years

And it got to the point that medication no

Longer helped.

I have had surgery last week so now in

Recovery.

I hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Hi Tamsyn,

You have my every sympathy!  I too feel as though I have hit a bricks all- don't know which way to turn.  I have seen Doctors, herbalist, Chiropractor and acupuncture all to no avail.  I have chest pain and back pain every single day, but no one seems to know what is causing it.  First endoscopy showed nothing, second showed a 3cm hiatus hernia and some inflammation, third endoscopy showed some inflammation.  Numerous other tests too many to mention.  Doctors just throw more and more pills at me and none of them take away my pain.  If all this is not reflux I don,t know what it is!  Certainly feels like reflux!

I suppose my best advice to you is keep on mithering Doctors something is causing all this mess!

Best wishes,

Lynne

• Posted

Sheesh I am so sorry. It feels as if I am getting a heart attack each day. Sometimes it gets better and I don't feel much for a day or two but then it comes back and I am a mess. I don't know what to think or do anymore...
    • Posted

They wouldn't even give me those. Only getting them done now. Just a any this to be done.
  • Posted

Read some research on FODMAP . I had the same symptoms and decided to go " extra healthy" I realised after my doctor put me onto FODMAP that all the things I were eating where causing me massive discomfort . I had so much aches and pains bloating palpitations that I honestly though I had some lis of digestive cancer . My doctor ( God love him ) sent me for ever possible camera test that was available just to reassure me that I wasnt dying I was just eating the wrong stuff .
  • Posted

Hi, I have been suffering from Hiatle hernia, esophogitis, acid relux (sorry if I spelled some wrong).  Been on meds for at least 18 years.  The worse pains I had were like severe attacks.  The caused pains in my chest, and in my side from the back and shooting to the front abdominal area.  Thought it was all heartburn.  One day I was taken by ambulance to hospital for possible heart attack.  After 3 days of testing they found nothing wrong.  Said follow up with normal doctor. 

I followed up with my gastroentestinal doc. He said possible Gall Bladder.  Well he wanted to send me for a Ultra Sound, but I was moving so I let it slide. 

about 6 months latter, attacks were happening every week, then every day.  I was to a non functional state.  Had the Ultra Sound, and it was the Gall Bladder. 

The removed the Gall Bladder, and the chest pains and back pains all went away.  Still have Gerd, and hernia, but no more severe attacks.

I would have it checked also.

• Posted

Tamsyn,

Can you tell me what you eat on a typical day?

Or just give me a list of foods you would eat within any given week.

Thanks,

Rich

• Posted

My mornings start at 6.30 usually with an oatmeal breakfast and a fruit. Lunch follows after 12 and I usually have a salad while supper is a stew. I have found in the last year that my trigger foods are in the "black" category, peppers and tomatoes and curries. But even so, I wake up with this gaseous and uncomfortable feeling in the mornings and the sad fact is that I've yet to eat. I've tried going vegetarian for now and it seems to help a bit but I can't help but wonder if I shouldn't just flush out whatever filth is messing up my stomach by getting a colon cleanse, I mean I can't even drink tea and water is the safest gong for me to have.
    • Posted

well a colon cleanse sounds like a reasonable idea.

i notice you're eating oatmeal. i've got a lot of relief from quitting all grains.

ali

• Posted

are you eating organic lettuce and veg? apparently now salad gets sprayed with 'stuff' to keep it looking fresh. groan!
    • Posted

What have you replaced your grains with? I am really concerned about what I should eat for breakfast.
    • Posted

Yes I am. They're all organic. This actually helps
    • Posted

i get that! well a lovely paleo breakfast....same as dinner or lunch...protein plus veg. so that might be nitrite free bacon and fried cabbage. or eggs and avocadoes. (some have to go easy with avocadoes as they have a degree of FODMAPS....but are so good for us, if organic, and not eaten in excess)
    • Posted

glad you're finding organic helps.

this is very positive and shows that you're reacting to chemical additives

• Posted

So the conventional breakfasts such as Granola or Muesli should also be cut out? Just checking. I've been having oats and muesli since they are so called "healthy" breakfasts and fruits along with those. I've really limited my meat intake to fish and chicken (only to find that I'm allergic to seafood --_). Am already on probiotics. Have been for over a month but the symptoms have not improved so I'm assuming that there is something that I'm just not getting when I prepare my meals.
    • Posted

yes cut them out....!!

well tamsyn, you could have dysbiosis. this means an overgrowth of pathogenic bacteria...and if so you have to take care not to be inadvertantly feeding them.

organic meat....grass fed and kindly reared ....

for several reasons these diets work. basically getting rid of anything artificially treated.

Grains these days are completely unnatural, but furthermore they digest in the body into more sugars than sugar...!! great for feeding pathogens...and another reason to avoid grains.

• Posted

Oh boy oh boy. This is a lot to take in. I really hope this diet can help. At this point I fear my doctors may do a lot more harm than good.
    • Posted

yes...you said it!!

but you will get thro...you have such a positive attitude!! hope we can help too and that you'll stay around for more info and sharing.

i invite you to have a think about your next breakfast...and to put up a recipe proposal. for feedback ...and inspiration to the rest of us!

xx

• Posted

Thank you really. I'm starting this diet at the beginning of October (I turn 28 on the 1st. It would be the best birthday present ever don't you think? ) Gonna cleanse first. Then we just be patient and stick through this. Already did some research and so far it's yielding some very helpful information
    • Posted

oh that is great. Well its the support that is so often needed to implement. Thats where we can help each other perhaps?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.