I give UP!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've been to every doctor under the sun, I don't know what else to do. I've been eating healthily and have avoided any and all carbs. As a final resort I have opted to see a homeopath who has assured me that he will do all that he can to help. But I'm so scared. My face hurts, my chest hurts, my stomach constantly cramps, and at times I just cannot breathe. Someone reassure me. What is it that I'm not doing?

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

AlieeB is correct about grains. I had to quit them all to find relief. Grains was one of the worst triggers for my reflux. I'd eat one bagel and have reflux for hours. I'd even tried organic oatmeal, same thing. Like i've mentioned before in my other posts the GAPS diet gave me complete relief. It is pretty much sugar and carb free. Paleo diet is similar, i've read a lot of positive results from that too. You have to be strict with it though, no cheat days. Good luck.
    • Posted

fantastic info ricardo...i completely agree. haven't tried gaps myself - but for those who tolerate dairy, or raw dairy, its great. Wel done! Proud to know you!
    • Posted

Thanks so much and yes I will will also post my ideas and keep you in the loop as well as reassure you guys whenever you need it. You have no idea how grateful I am for the information. I would really like to reverse this hellish situation that I've gotten myself in, foolishly thinking I was being healthy when I wasn't at all
    • Posted

AlieeB, I'm doing prefectly fine. I've stuck to my diet for many months now. Although i lost some weight at first, i've gained it back. It was tough at first because my body was craving carbs and sugar like crazy. I think 90% of my diet was carbs..lol At first when i gave them up i started getting angry and agitated at small things. I'd get some minor headaches, but after a week, that cleared up. The agitation comes from the sugar crash. The constant ride of going up and down. The refined sugar is even worse because sugar without fiber (Refined sugar has the fiber stripped during processing) has a higher glycemic index than regular sugar. So it effects your pancreas and adrenal glands differently.

Once i quit sugar i felt like a new person. I had better focus at my job, my mind quieted down, and it wasn't wondering all over the place when i was trying to work or in the middle of a conversation. 

There's a great book by william Dufty called The Sugar Blues. He basically goes through the history of sugar gradually over taking the Western diet. From once being only used medicinally, to being in nearly every food product on the market. It even goes as far as the history of the rich elites of Europe getting wealthy off the backs of African slavery, because slaves were bought in to grow and harvest sugar cane.

Europe was importing millions of LB's of sugar annually at the expense of slavery.

Almost similar to the pharmaceutical industry, how they make billions of $$$'s selling drugs. When most of the diseases are caused by bad diet, but they would rather you be popping drugs the rest of your life rather than educate people to eat healthier and go back to a natural unprocessed diet.

The garbage people are eating today was nothing like what people were eating hundreds of years ago. It's no wonder there is an epidemic of obesity in this country.

Sorry i went on a rant there smile

I'll be sticking around.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.