I give up

Posted , 10 users are following.

I now have decide to give up, no one cares. I took my pills today but I'm not tomorrow and if I'm good then I not going to take them, got the doctors on the 15th May, and will cancel as I don't think its helping. Do CBT online and phone calls, that is not helping, so will give up that. I am going to have to do it alone. I want to hide from everyone, I should be going to church tomorrow, but I will just head out with no one knowing where I am, just to sit with no one around me. I just have to do it, I not going to be a burden to anyone, so I'll just do things on my own. I don't expect people to answer so don't worry, I don't deserve anyone being nice, just had to get it off my chest. So don't reply and waste your time with me, seriously.

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi, don't give up. See your doctor and ask for different help. What you have tried obviously isn't working but there must be something else. What medication are you on? You shouldn't just stop cold turkey, you need to wean yourself off else you can end up feeling worse.

if you really want to be alone, then that can help but you shouldn't distance yourself from everyone completely. Force yourself to go to church tomorrow, even if you don't want to. You might find that you feel better afterwards. At the very least it may distract you from how you're feeling. If it doesn't help, then you haven't lost anything by trying. I've been where I felt there was no help left and wanted to give up, but luckily I had someone who pulled me through it. There is another side, you just need to find the right help to get you there x

• Posted

Hey blackhole.....

Pls don't think your a waste of time. Sometimes it might feel u don really have a reason to hold something when u somehow know it's just gonna fail and break down. But do u know that's how u feel when u are close to a big breach to break what's holding you from you happiness. I never fell in love before and when I did I admitted to this one person. He told me he loved me and that he will never let me go. At the end he said sorry Because he fell in love with another girl and after that we never spoke since..I felt so broken and killed..he was also my closest friend whom I told all my problems to and after what happened,he barely gave me the time of day to talk to him about anything. After that I somehow gave up on everything and I felt so broken. And then my mum helped me and she told me that life will try its best to bring us down and it's our choice wheather we wanna get back up.. She also told me that no matter what happens God is always with us....sometimes I feel like thats lie but now I know it's the truth....things happen and we will never understand why....but sometimes God allows things to happen to make us stronger than before. He does these things to mold us to became better and stronger than ever. Trust that no matter what happens u are never alone... And honestly I think u should go to church tomo...never let anything stop u from seeking God....it might hurt now....but if u do something about it u might have a chance to get back tot peace if u don than u will never know if u ever had a chance....have faith my friend....Jesus loves you

• Posted

Hey Jemima and Blackholejust to say your discussions are brilliant. I enjoyed and also learnt. Best wishes
  • Posted

We care otherwise we wouldn't be replying to you would we?  I understand how you are feeling - seriously I do and I think most of us have been there,  but I really hope you don't go ahead with it.  If you give in then the barstewards win don't they?   Find your pride and fight.  x
  • Posted

That is exactly what mental health issues can do to a person - suffers always think that they know best and always come a cropper.

Ask for an urgent appointment with your doctor and say how you feel. You may well need either additional medication or some other treatment.

No doubt you will think that you know best and not take this advice, but you really should.

So stop acting like a spoiled child who is spitting their dummy out and get on with it.

Good luck

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, I saw the doctor on friday, no help there. Yes you are right, I don't like me, so can't see why I should bother. You have just shown we that I need to go alone, and should not bother anyone. I know that people are not interested. 
    • Posted

It is completely the opposite - people are very interested in your welfare.

The people on this forum, many of whom have similar or worse problems than you are here to support people like you who are struggling.

You most certainly do not deserve to be ill - nobody does.

The point I have been trying to make all along is that you should use every effort to hang in there because your life has real value, as does the life of every person on this planet.

I know only too well what the fog of desperation brought about by mental health issues can do to people, and it is not very nice.

I implore you to fight for all you are worth to avoid  going into that dark place that we call despair.

• Posted

Thanks everyone, had a thought just got to do this myself and if anything happens its my fault, and I must deserve it. Thanks all.
  • Posted

HI Blackhole you sound like a very determined person and if you are set on doing this then no one can stop you can they?  

But why not turn that determination into fighting for your life instead?  Liking yourself comes from accepting who you are and to captain your own ship through life.   We are all super critical of ourselves but know that others like us and want to be with us despite that.  

No one is a nice person 24/7 (well a very few lucky people) and most of us are a mixture of good and bad.  Haven't you ever done any nice things for people in the past?   When you suffer from depression I have learnt,  you can't trust your own feelings coz it is this talking and not you.  

We are all in one mind telling you to seek help coz you are worth saving otherwise we wouldn't bother - we would either not reply or say off you go then and do it.   We care even if you don't.   I just want to make that clear to you.  Ok?     Bev xx

• Posted

Please don't give up! There are so many people out there in a position like you, feeling like you do. You are certainly not alone in that sense. Depressive illnesses are incredibly loney and isolating - that is one of the main symtoms of your/our condition. I suggest you get yourself back to your doctor, tell him/her exactley what you are feeling and also join a support group where there are other people in your situation you feel like you feel - sharing feelings, especially pain, does chop those feelings into as many pieces as the people you share the feelings with. Imagine you share with 2 people, that is the pain chopped into now 3 pieces for all 3 of you! talk to your church and the people there - you really are not alone so don't give up. All best to you :-)
  • Posted

It may seem like no one cares, well does how I have felt all my life.

But black hole see how many replies you have received to your cry out. People do care but I guess sometimes it has to come to this to grab others attention.

Your pain is very real to you and no one can feel it with you. But don't you forget that there are lots of people going through similar ordeal as you.

There are times that I feel that am in a 2 by 4 box and can't get out. It is a black hole indeed. But I never allow hope to fade completely. You know, sometimes planning and looking into the future, even when it all seem hopeless now can only be good for the psyche. Trust me it works , I've been doing this for 52 years. Even after this I still have hope.

Just you remember that in life for everyone there are good and bad days. No two days are alike. Your problems will not go on forever. Trust me am going through depression so I know the mental anguish you maybe experiencing.

I must say that I thank you for being brave in letting us all know what you're going through.

At my age I still can't bring myself in telling anyone about my mental health. It's a sensitive subject that no one want to talk about. So thumbs up to you and take a day at a time and see how it goes.

Thank you.

• Posted

Dita 1 - I liked your response to blackhole. And agree with you entirely - ,mental health has always been a sensitive area for most. I feel that times are changing now and more awareness is becoming available to the public. Thanks for sharing :-)
  • Posted

You know that the depression is talking don't you.  It is typical to say we are a burden and nobody cares.  I have been there, and said that.  But I think deep down we know it is not true.  You are not a buyrden, and yes people do care, you just tell yourself they don't.  Depression makes us feel like that.  It takes away so much.  It will get better, honest.

I have had depression a very long time, but there are ups as well as downs.  If you don't want to take your pills, then that is your choice.  If you don't want to take them, then you don't have to.  Up to you.  I don't know who does not care about you.  You don't say.  Are you saying there is no body in your life?  No one at all? 

If you want to give up CBT and everything else, then again, up to you.  Depression is a very isolating illness.  We cut ourselves off from people.  Been there and done that.  No good for us, but hey it is a phase.  You will honestly get through this, I promise.  I know because I have been where you are now.  Battle on as I have done.  Not easy, but don't let depression win. 

If you want to be alone, so be it.  Yes we all deserve people being nice.  Depression has a very negative voice.  Don't listen to it. 

I will reply and waste my time, because I care about you.  Everyone here cares about each other, that is why it helps uys so much to know there are people who know how we feel and understand.  We have all been where you are now. 

I care, I really do.  You are in a blackhole now, but there is light above. 

• Posted

hello there feel like i had to answer as you feel so low so just wanted to say that i feel for you ..you are not alone...i too feel like i want to hide from everyone but please dont think that you are a burden to anyone......depression is an awful thing but there are people here that care...i do so anytime you want to chat please get in touch.....i too want to give up my pills the same as you but people are saying its not a good idea without seeing your doctor...i dont want to see mine but please dont do anything to danger yourself ok...sending you loving thoughts...what meds are you taking.....keep in touch ok.....you do deserve someone being nice believe

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.