I give up

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have tried everything. Eating healthy, exsericing, laxative, stool softeners and nothing works. I dont know what to do. I cant even enjoy anything anymore i feel like its taking over my life and im tired of it. I need help.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I assume you are experiencing IBS-C.  I go from one to the other.....constipation for a month and then to diarrhea to constipation to remission, then back the cycle comes.  Have you seen a gastroenterologist yet? 
  • Posted

I suspect IBS. I have it & its a chronic condition so i understand your frustration. I just had to take a saline laxative like 2 days ago lol. See a doctor & they should give you Bentyl. Works great. Good luck!

xoxo

• Posted

Also try out the "low fodmap" diet, some healthy foods aren't that good for digestion. It's helped me out a lot.

• Posted

Jordyn

You need to see your GP and explain your problem a little more, you are also suffering from Anxiety.

You can try Relaxation Techniques to calm your Anxiety Mindfulness will help

Let us know how you get on

BOB

• Posted

Do you have IBS C?  If so, keep a food diary or try Fodmap.  Eat lots of fruit to help with constipation. Nurofen and the antispasmodic Buscopan help my pain.  Ask your doctor for an antispsdmodic If you are not taking one already.  There are many on the market. You may have to try several.

• Posted

I understand how you feel! Some days you just feel like nothing works. I have seen a noticeable difference in my symptoms since trying out a gluten/dairy/refined sugar free diet with the help of a nutritionist, along with two different strands of probiotics. However, i still have my bad days. Try a low fodmap diet, as I have heard this helps many people as well!
  • Posted

I feel like that too. I’m so fed up and down. I thought by changing my diet two weeks ago things were really improving. I started to feel better my diarreah settled. I had more energy. Then I ate a little chocolate and 1 shortbread biscuit. Now I’m back to stomach cramps. Lethargy and mushy stools again. I’m also scared to eat again. I’ve had loads of tests on my stomach all come back normal. But SOMETHING is irritating my bowel. I have no idea what. I just don’t know where to go with this next. I’ve hit a wall. 
  • Posted

hi I have this problem have u tried movicol I have one per day also aloe vera and L glutamine 20mg per day helps a lot 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.