I Googled....and now I'm scared

Posted , 4 users are following.

So....I know I'm never supposed to look up symptoms on Google, but I just did and now I'm scared....I started taking Vitamin B6 on Friday, and am now terrified that I've taken too much....I took 50mg on Friday, 100mg yesterday, and 50mg this morning....ironically, I took it because I had read that it can help with the dizzy/lightheaded feelings I've been having (related to anxiety or perimenopause or both)....well, now I feel more dizzy and I can't tell if it's because I read that that can be a symptom of B6 overdose (in other words, is my anxiety making it worse?) or did I really take too much? My heart is also beating a bit quickly, but I think that's because I've got myself in quite a state.

As a point of reference, the UL (upper limit) for Vitamin B6 is 200mg/day.

Can anyone help calm me down?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

As far as I know if you take too much vitamin your body will release it, I never heard of any vitamin overdoze before. 

Sometimes I also take a vitamin B when I get dizzy but it won't help a lot if your source of dizziness is from anxiety not because lack of vitamin B. Your dizziness and your quick heart beat is common symptoms of anxiety.  

• Posted

Overdode for taking Vitamin B6 for 3 days ( 50-100mg)?   NOPE, you just have the google syndrom and for sure you have a little extra energy you don't need. Anyway, if you want to take more vitamin B6 going the natural way, FOOD!   Tuna, Turkey (light meat) Bananas, Avocados and Spinash just to mention a few.  B6 is turns into a good sleeping aid for nights so take it early on the day, not late night.  Well, banana you can have at night to help sleep. ;-)  But yes, is allways good to take Vitamin B6 and maybe a B Complex (low dose) in the morning. Something that will give you 100-200% of what you need, not 5000%.
    • Posted

thanks for the response....i suspect you're right and that the symptoms i'm feeling are like excess energy (which i certainly don't need....my mind and body are already on overdrive)....and yeah, the google syndrome is definitely a factor....i should know better, but sometimes i just can't help myself....i'll do my best to not worry about the b6 anymore today.....
  • Posted

Stick with it & kudos to u for looking for ways to cope.

its takes a few weeks to notice the difference. And months if a over dose and generally most supplements have left the building if ya get my drift? Hehe..I take vitamine b6 every day it has been linked to D. Some of my friends get vit b-12 injections and they swear by them..

anxiety is a difficult thing to manage. I have had many years to find ways to help me and always finding something new. Anti depressants do help me over the hump then combined with exercise to promote good hormone levels helps me the most.it a hormone imbalance in the brain that causes some D.

i must confess a good dose of chocolate never disappoints .

It will take time. This forum helps a lot too. So many to talk to and experiencing so of the same things. Helps me to identify with others that I'm just not a nervous person and that hormones can be a major problem for anxiety. Since Cymbalta or antidepressants I'm coping much better.

thanks for UR story has help me understand how important self help and helping other can have positive effects in many ways.

not to worry about over dose just take the recommended amt vit d most r deficient in.. The sun helps us produce in our body. Many can be tested for vit defencies.fish oil is one most people don't eat enough fish. That's a good supplement for everyone too!

there r some many things that effect our hormones it's soo confusing. 

I try to stick to the recommended amt of supplements it adds up it u listen to every one . Before u know it UR fists r full of them. I have tappers down a bit now & rely mostly on my yearly physical and blood test results.

yikes.....I was probably more confusing. There will be other replies..thank goodness..

CHEERS cheesygrin idea

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.