I had fundiplication in June and am experiencing discomfort in my side.

Posted , 5 users are following.

In June this year I had my anti reflux and hiatus hernia repair surgery, so far I would say as far as acid and reflux is concerned I've not been having any problems.

I'm still eating little portions and slowly chewing my food properly.

I only take the odd deflatine tablet to disperse the gurgling.

The last month or so I've had this weird sensation in my right side down under my ribs, it feels like someone is squeezing me in the side. I do a fairly physical job, I'm trying to take it easy but very hard to.

I'm wondering has anyone else experienced this? Is it muscle? Do I need to be worried?

I had a blood test last week and it all came back clear, my blood pressure is good.

Thank you.

Margaret

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

could be gas? could be a side effect of those pills ur taking... ik pepsid gave me sharp pains in left side.... could be ur galbladder, kidney idk...
    • Posted

Hi Jared,

The pain is in my right side. I think It could be muscle as it usually kicks in after work, also could be gas as lots of gurgling. I don't take many pills just the odd deflatine which is to relieve the gas.

• Posted

Hi Margaret

I am considering this surgery, so thank you for your post.

Right side anatomy: liver, gall bladder, pancreas

and muscles...we have small muscles inbetween each rib which expand the ribs when we inspire...the latissimus dorsi comes from back around the side but does not go under the ribs...under the ribs is the diaphragm with which we breath.

The only person who can say don't worry with authority is your physician.

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Hi Judith, thank you for your reply, I had a blood test a couple of weeks ago with liver function etc routine test and all came back clear I due to the nature of my job I think it's because I still have soreness from my scars as small as they are they are pulling when I work (housekeeper) .

You say you are considering this surgery yourself, if you can find it I put a day by day blog on here after my surgery, I've put everything I ate, medication, pain I was in, it might help you to make your decision.

I had a 270 degree wrap and hiatus hernia repair and would say I am 90% cured which is good going compared to before op, the amount of meds I was on and still getting side effects and discomfort to now on no meds with virtually no discomfort, eating what I want in small quantities.

Good luck with your decision.

Margaret

• Posted

Hi Mags. I, too have these pains occasionally. I thought maybe it was colonic pain as our diet isnt yet normal. I havent spoken to my GP about it but Im due back to see the consultant in a few weeks for a check up.

I'm sorry that your scars are still painful. 4 of mine are totally healed and it is only the largest, central one that still has some scabbing.

Im eating a more varied diet.... hey! I ate a crunchie the other night!!!

Still get the 'stuck' feeling and definately know if Im being over ambitious. Also still loosing weight as my amounts are still small.

Keep in touch

Hx

• Posted

how wonderful, Margaret!

I will definitely search out you blog

thank you

judith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.