I had mono & now my periods start late with spotting, is this normal?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So, my doctor is about to be out of town and I can’t call and ask her specifically what’s up but I thought I’d ask on here. 

I had mono in July and showed symptoms till mid August. My doctor said it was mild. I’ve had two irregular periods since then. The one in July was normal and it was at the start of my mono. 

But the one at the end of August started off with spotting for maybe 2-3 days before I started my flow and it lasted for my usual length. 

My September one is a little sketchy also. I’ve had some spotting since Wednesday night. It’s Friday morning and only when I go to use the bathroom after I pee and wipe there’s some evidence of spotting on the toilet paper. I have cramps like I’m on my period but so far it hasn’t showed up. 

I did have sex last week, with protection, for the first time since June. So I’m wondering if that has anything to do with it also. 

I’m mostly wondering if having mono and being as sick as I was has thrown off my menstrual cycle? Even almost two months after I stopped showing symptoms?

Again, I’d ask my doctor but she’s about to be out of town today. 

Just would like some insight. 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.