I had my “gallbladder removed 3weeks ago”

Posted , 5 users are following.

HOW COME IM STILL FEELING CHEST PAINS AND BLOATED EVEN THOUGH IM TAKING OMEPRAZOLE?? im scaredddd

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

sir you just had major surgery. 3 weeks after you will still be recovering. Chest pains are normal nothing to be alarmed about. bloating is fine too. You're body was traumatized. Why are you taking omeprazole for. I was just on pain meds and softeners. It took me about a year before u was back to normal. Everyone is different so you rest and no exertion at all. No fats or dairy too. Lots of juices and fruit or what you can tolerate. Any more questions I will help. Good Luck SIR.

• Posted

Bloating is very normal after gallbladder removal. I had mine out a year ago and tbe first thing my surgeon did was to stop my PPi, ie lansoprozole, these also have a side effect of bloating too, talk to your dr about whether you need them.

good luck and remember 3 weeks is not long after surgery do not expect miracles it takes months for your system to settle.

• Posted

As already said, you have had a major operation, prodded and probed with surgical instruments;; people are still recovering years later, you must take it easy as you can damage your internal organs, lots water, i was sent home next day, no pills or a follow up, mine is two years,still not 100% ,but a dam site better than the pain i had before op,;;; you are only 3 weeks, ;; takes ages to settle down if your better in 4 weeks you are a lucky man;;; but take it easy,

• Posted

Peter

after gallbladder surgery you must limit your fat intake still for life.

the body now has to adjust without its organ and now the bile slowly continually drops into the intestine.

I had mine out 3 years ago and I only consume 5 grams a fat per meal to limit any symptoms.

I've made a fab recovery. yiu will too if you continue to rest and eat a healthy diet from now on.

• Posted

i will advice you to stop taking that meds, they cause chest pains and other symptoms, do your research on these meds not good long term, i took these one but i was using mostly lansoporozole if am spelling correctly which i doubt i am and i found out these not only give me bad side effects but after drain the nutrients out of me i was having defiencies issue and am still having it alittle even though am off of these , give your body time to heal dont expect to feel normal for awhile because your body need to adjust back to its state

• Posted

also cut down on your fat but be careful healthy fats is good

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.