i had my operation last week this is my 3d time so far i dont know what to do

Posted , 5 users are following.

I suffering from pilondal sinus from 3 years now I had 3 operation all ready I had the last one on the 15/12/2014 

20am really worried I can't sleep at nyt I don't no fro how long I will do these operation 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. My son had one op nearly 4 years ago that never completely healed. He had a new procedure to sort it out on November 11th 2014. Amazing surgeon in Derby. So far so good.  It's early days for your last op, maybe see how it goes and if not successful try the other procedure? You have my sympathy,  my son has had a terrible time with it.
    • Posted

Hi Gill

You mentioned that you got a treatment from London but then mention derby in the above message?

Which one is better?

Was in private in Derby, what doctor please

so desperate for somthing but unable to travel to london at the moment

Thanks

• Posted

Hi there, my son had Bascoms procedure in Derby but it didn't work. He had private surgery in London, amazing surgeon, lots of daily care and cleaning and packing from me and it's healed, first time in 6years!

Would highly recommend it, Doctor is Emin Carapeti check him out on Google? Good luck!!

• Posted

OMG, my 23year old son, has pilondal sinus. You should not have that operated on.They cut his the first time,and would not do it again. It builds up to much scar tissue, then you really have a mess. The time from flare up to open up is about 2to2 and a half weeks. He put's Hot towels on it to bring to to a head faster. And it just opens, and then he has me get all the stuff out. They are nasty buggers. As soon as it opens, it's instant relief. With you keep getting that opened, you are going to have scar tissue and it might be harder for it to open on it's own. You can get it cut out 10 times, and it will alway's grow back. Once you make it open on it's own, it will alway's come out the same hole, but you need someone to make sure that all the suff comes out. No more having it cut out. Do hot towels, and try Ichthammol ointment, which is a drawing salve,and put a bandage on it.Hope this helpes you. Thousand of people have these. I do believe more guys than gals, because,  guys have more hairy backs, and tail bones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.