I had my thyroid removed and I seemed to be feeling better now six months after surgery I fell worse

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello all I would just like to say God bless you all. I just had my thyroid removed six months ago due to Graves Disease. I seemed to be feeling better for a couple of months. Then I noticed a slow change..insomnia came back..heart palputions ..headaches..fatigue..moodiness. I am on 150 micro grams of levothyyoxine. I went to the doctor and my heart rate way up. He did blood work and said that I might be on too much now. I haven't heard from the endocrinologist yet on the results from blood work. But I am so frustrated. I only sleep if I am lucky three hours a night. My appetite is way down but yet I still gain weight. My hips legs and joints ache so bad. Does anyone have any suggestions for these symptoms considerig I'm not getting much help from endocrinologist. I missed all last week of work due to fatigue ..not sleeping..body aches..headaches. I just want to have some type of feeling of back to normal again. My poor wife thinks it's her since I have zero sex drive. But honestly I feel miserable ninety nine percent of the time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. God bless

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Take your thyroxine first thing in the morning with a good glass of water and nothing else to eat/drink for an hour..  I had much the same and it was because I was taking the stuff at night and with a milk drink.  A simple change altered my whole life !

Good luck :-)

• Posted

Hi Barbara,

sorry to to hear you are feeling so unwell and you need to get that across to your doctor! Blood tests tell them EVERYtHING so you should get one done As soon as poss. It's no good your doc guessing what's wrong. I see that you work and it's difficult to get these things done but please get it done even if you have to pay privately. Ask the doc to check for as many things as he can including vitamin d deficiency. God bless 

• Posted

So frustrated today the doctor called in a new script of meds but it's the exact same dose as before. No one called back after asking about blood work. I'm at a loss on why I feel so bad. I take meds first thing with water. And I don't eat or drink anything for one hour after. Feeling hopeless at the moment. Thank you for your help
  • Posted

I presume you mean no one has contacted you about your request for another blood test?  If that is the case you must insist onan appointment . Keep phoning till you get one. Feeling depressed can sometimes be a symptom of Hormone or medication not being at correct dosage or levels. We are basically a walking chemistry set! I cannot understand your doctor prescribing mess without seeing you, especially if you have told them you want to be seen.  Phone again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.