I had period but some signs of pregnancy is present

Posted , 4 users are following.

My boyfriend and I had intercourse last Oct. 20 and my last period was last Dec. 1 until Dec. 6. That 5-day menstrual flow is not my regular thing since I usually have mine in 30 days period every 3 months. Yes. I only got my period every 3 months with a 30 day duration. When we had our intercourse, we usually do not use any method other than withdrawal. I think, 2 weeks after we did it, I felt dizzy thrice a week but not the usual dizziness where one lose consciousness, it's just like the feeling of my blood went down to my feet. Then, nov. 6 I had a sore breasts and my nipples get dark when the environment is cold. I also got severe gas problems where I really burp every 7 seconds or less though, I really have this one everyday but it's just since nov. 6 when it got worse. There are also brown discharge from Nov. 6 until Nov. 30. Then on December 1, I had my period. It's my normal period on it's first 3 days because I usually have a heavy one. But suddenly, it stopped on the 5th day. And now, I notice my areolas getting darker when the environment is cold but no pain. I also look pale most often from my hands to my lips to my eyes. And my nails sometimes turned into purplish. Another thing, I can also feel full in my lower abdomen just after my period and I don't know but my abdomen really looks bulgy for me with its focus on the center. Could I be pregnant given all those scenarios?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think that it's really a high possibility for you to be pregnant. I'm sorry for being personal but withdrawal in general is one of the most unreliable methods of contraception sad Very many couples had problems with accidental pregnancy because of using it, if you don't want to have children in the near future, maybe it's better to choose a safer one?

Symptoms you described in your message look really like the pregnant ones, did you use any tests for checking yourself? But don't use cheap store ones, from my own experience I can say that they're really bad in getting correct results. From your dates I can say that it's already a perfect time for testing but use for this only the ones with the best sensitivity like New Choice for example. And mornings is the best time during the day for checking yourself.

Also in case of symptoms you can test yourself with a help of an online one https://pregnancytest-online.com/ too, some of them are really effective as an addition to other tests and gynecologists recommend them rather often for using too.

And in my opinion you should also make a visit to your doctor, maybe a blood test will be necessary in your case too.

• Posted

Lets be scientific here. 

1) Do a urine pregnancy test - If it is negative you are not pregnant. If it is positive you may be pregnant so do the prenatal care - prenatal vitamins, stop drinking alcohol/smoking, go to the doctor to switch any medications you are taking to non teratogenic ones. 

2) Go to the doc to get a more accurate understanding of your pregnancy status - maybe get a HcG blood test and ultrasound to see if there is actually a pregnancy. The doctor will also check your vagina for a bluish hue and it sounds like your symptoms are consistent with a pregnancy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.