I hate anxiety!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I hate my anxiety It's so crippling..Does anyone else say things at the wrong time or have what you want to say come out in the wrong way? The result is coming home and fretting about it replaying the incident over and over in ones mind.

A week ago I was unexpectedly asked to run our church's Facebook page. I almost immediately said no. I didn't mean to respond so abruptly. Its not that I don't want to help Its just that I am not comfortable doing it. I personally deactivated my own Facebook account as I felt it put pressure on my anxiety..I suffer from social anxiety and being on social media is too 'out there' me. There are just certain things that I don't feel comfortable with. Now, because I reacted that way, I am feeling so guilty and horrible. I could ex0lain myself but i dont want people to think im difficult or that they need to tip toe around me. Sometimes i think it's just best keep to myself and not get involved. That way I won't let anyone down and they can't hurt me. I also worry that i am being duscussed because I declined their request.. Urgh I hate being in this head of mine the negative thoughts won't go away sad

Can anyone relate to this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes I would imagine many people would relate to these concerns.

We all need to be comfortable in our own skin and if we are offered a job we find onerouse it is better to say no than cause disappointment if forced to do something you you would have mixed feelings about. You are not alone. Stop worrying.

Stop beating yourself up move on and attempt this you enjoy. I have just taken Facebook and Twitter off my list, I find I get to many people on it I do not know

Keep a hold

B.

• Posted

Thank you Borderreiver.

You are so right. I will try to move on And not beat myself up about it. I am going to let it go now.!

Thank you for your encouragement Sometimes we just need a word from someone who knows what we are going through.

Let this be a good week for us all

• Posted

Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.