I HATE ANXIETY

Posted , 3 users are following.

Left chest pain light headed just a little shortness of breath why carnt I have my old life back I feel as im trapped in this never ending ride I wish it was over with hate feeling like crap its constant and on other hand my  gf isent well at all I lover her but I dont want whts shes got it will have a big affect on my anxiety I just want it over any 1 out there actually know wht I can do apart from breathing exercise and relaxing iv tried them all nothing seems to work I just want to be able to switch it off  I start cbt on 5 week why carnt it cone quicker and why so long 

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paul,

I've been there ... full blown panic attacks .. claustraphobia ... the need to always see an exit and a path to daylight. I think CBT can help. There's CBT sessions on the internet until your formal sessions start.

Everyone is different but my experience was the most important thing was to accept it for now. Fighting it or wanting "to get better" or "get back to normal" actually made it worse for me. Drugs and liquor did not help. Positive thinking did not help me. For me acceptance was the key, along with the common sense psychology of things like CBT that teach you it's just a feeling, not reality, and it will get better over time, but for the time being you have to face the fear so you can let it evaporate. There were times when I had to sit in a chair and hold on the armrests and ride it out ike a roller coaster for 20 minutes or so until the anxiety attacks or panic attacks subsided. When I got to the point that I could honestly say "I may be like this the rest of my life. If so I will just have to live like a zombie, putting one foot in front of the other, and doing what I am supposed to do in life."

That's when the mental judo (not opposing force with force, but bringing force into you and letting it sail over you) started working, and within a few monthes the anxiety left me. That's when I did get my life back, but putting one foot in front of the other and doing my daily taskes in spite of it was a big part of it.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi

I agree with Bob.

somehow i found a way just to do small tasks and not to beat myself up (mentally) if i could not do things that i used to be able to do. and gradually gradually - needs a lot of patience - i realise that time is passing and is less painful. i cannot say things are 'good' and i still have to avoid people who insist on asking me if i am 'happy' or 'coping well' or who say i am 'doing well' etc etc. i don't know if i've just got used to it or what, but i am less aware of feeling awful. maybe it's just finding a way to think of other things and thus to focus less on the bad.

wishing you all the best

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you and I can't really do day to day stuff like I use to the symptoms are crap lol they put me down a lot I was in bed all day yesterday but im in living room now so thats a step for the gud 
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up