I HATE ANXIETY

Posted , 8 users are following.

Left chest pain light headed just a little shortness of breath why carnt I have my old life back I feel as im trapped in this never ending ride I wish it was over with hate feeling like crap its constant and on other hand my  gf isent well at all I lover her but I dont want whts shes got it will have a big affect on my anxiety I just want it over any 1 out there actually know wht I can do apart from breathing exercise and relaxing iv tried them all nothing seems to work I just want to be able to switch it off  I start cbt on 5 week why carnt it cone quicker and why so long 

0 likes, 23 replies

Report / Delete

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Augh Paul. Hang in there . I've felt the same way wishing I was like I wad before anxiety hit me and turned my life upside down. Personally and professionally. But , do you see a Dr. For this? Have meds to take? I don't know what cbt is either. But a Dr and therapist together pulled me through when I rock bottomed . Plus meds also. So not knowing if your on anything now, or seeing a Dr. Stay strong and close your eyes and relax. Concentrate on one thing and let your mind go to the one subject in your mind and focus on it and left yourself drift on the subject. This will ease the anxiety and relax you. This is the only thing that pulls me out of this. You can fo this at home or a park , anywhere alone. Just drift,😊
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Iv seen a dr about it cbt is a form of therapy I dont want to take meds dont want to be dependent on them I had a bad day today wasent to good especially this morning when I had to get ambulance out  my chest pain was really bad I literally thought I was having heart attack but ecg came back fine so guess its down to my anxiety it pees me off so much 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Please don't ever feel bad for any reason. I myself had my own ambulance trip. But you just never know if its anxiety or heart attack. Its ok. Its part of our anxiety issue and that's what the hospital is for. Important thing is your ok. Take a walk in a favorite park even. Music. I used to get mad myself, but why though when its part of me and who I am now, and I like myself now, the way iam including anxiety, I have no choice but to look back st my own ER visits etc.and laugh and make light of it or I would go bonkers. Its difficult but I look at it like I could be dealing with a life threatening illnesses, or chemo, or institution which I'm none of these and thank ful. Change your thinking and attitude about anxiety and just go with it. No matter what. I get frustrated and mad and cry, but somehow I get back up and its all ok. Then I just go about my life pleasures. Do something fun for yourself. I admire your courage without meds. I've had professional clients who had anxiety worse than myself. You could see and feel there pain but they refuse to do meds. And that's ok.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I try and go do daily things its not in my head any more its more of the symptoms tbh Its just annoying that iv finally stopped worrying my self up and bam the symptoms get worse 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm sorry you feel so lousy.  Been there. And guess what there is light at the end of the tunnel.  there will be happy times. Firstly show your doctor exactly what you have written here and say you need help now!  maybe take someone with you for support and to be taken seriously?  Secondly, sometimes we feel sh*t and its ok, maybe accept it a bit and realise you will get past it.  most likely you will not die, nothing terrible will happen.  As I said to someone else, most people live to a ripe old age, really! try to distract yourself with something.  Your gf is ill and you are finding it hard to cope with, dont feel guilty, you need to sort yourself out first, then you will be better for her. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Why not  try to listen to whatever music you enjoy best.I find that It can be quite relaxing.

Also,while you are waiting for your CBT therapy,you could get a book on CBT and that way you will have an idea of how it works.

Health anxiety is the worst,because every pain and feeling of discomfort is exaggerated..Most days I wake up and think that I have a serious illness,but I am still here ,and I am beginning to realize that I have spent too much time worrying about tomorrow and not enjoying today.

Really hope that you can feel better soon,but just being on this site is helpful because it makes you realize how many others are feeling just the same way and are trying to help each other.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I know that helps me helping others and myn is health anxiety I dont know a lot about cbt but will do some research on it I hope it helps me and

thank you 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i got a Pau; McKenna book with a free hypnosis cd and wow its good to isten to it as it makes you relaxed and forget about things for a while, i too started CBT week or so ago and that helps a little to try and understand whats the thoughts etc are all about and 3 diff breathing techniques,
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Therapy is very good. I go one hour each week.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Paul,

A therapy called emdr really helped me a lot. I need to get back into it again because i am having a lot of physical pain right now which in turn causes anxiety. It was discovered by a woman named Francis Shapiro. I used tappers in my hands when I did it because that was the easiest for me with my muscle pain that had me bed ridden for two years. Well the first things I did was take a deep breath when I started the therapy. God led me to my therapist and emdr. Which got me out of bed and back into life! Look up emdr and then look for therapist in your area that offer it. It works with meds and cbt should be great with it. God bless you and everyone on this forum and out there suffering.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up