I HATE ANXIETY

Posted , 8 users are following.

Left chest pain light headed just a little shortness of breath why carnt I have my old life back I feel as im trapped in this never ending ride I wish it was over with hate feeling like crap its constant and on other hand my  gf isent well at all I lover her but I dont want whts shes got it will have a big affect on my anxiety I just want it over any 1 out there actually know wht I can do apart from breathing exercise and relaxing iv tried them all nothing seems to work I just want to be able to switch it off  I start cbt on 5 week why carnt it cone quicker and why so long 

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I feel same way man..but we will be fine dont worry,in the end we will be stronger,just i think dont start any medication...it will tie you with this thing forever..try fight it...we have to...i dont know how.yet but we will...

• Posted

Hi Alex, boy your so right. If you can go without meds that's great. I couldn't and yes ill be tied to it no matter how small the dose, but my quality of life is awesome. I never stay home. I'm bubbly, outgoing, no fears. This illnes has made me personally a stronger person meaning if I can handle and battle my setbacks I can stand up to anything in life. And I have. 😊
  • Posted

Feel little bit better chest has eased up a bit but feel a bit down still I think the pain has moved a bit to the right now its the physical symptoms now that's doing it but life goes on 
  • Posted

Hi Paul.  Another thing you could try while you're waiting is Mindful Meditiation.  Don't be put off by the word 'Meditation' as it's not a case of sitting cross legged and saying 'Ummmmm', it's just a gentle way of stopping your mind racing away with negative thoughts and brining you back into the current moment.  One of the top selling books is Mindfulness: A Practical Guide to Peace in a Frantic World by Prof. Mark Williams.  I found it really helpful and it has a really easy to follow step by step guide.  You'll still need other therapy, but it's another thing to help you on your way to recovery.
    • Posted

Thanks, will have a look at this book. I practice mindfulness meditation but can always learn something new. Its invaluable, I dont know how I managed before I discovered it. Also concentrating on one thing that youenjoy and that absorbs you like for me tin whistle - very cheap, sudoku, keyboard, singing, whatever. But mindfulness meditation or indeed any type of meditation best thing ever, simple, nothing mysterious or co plicated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.