I hate anxiety symptoms sometimes

Posted , 6 users are following.

I got that lovely lump in my throat feeling after having a small panic attack. I get really ba anxiety when I feel like I need to throw up. I'm pretty sure it triggers the memories of the time I was throwing up for two weeks straight. I was rushed to the ER. it was a scary time in my life. So now whenever I am nauseous I get the worse anxiety

1 like, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

• Posted

anxiety is all about associations indeed - when i get anxious i too get the lump in the throat, sometimes for a few days at a time - it really is awful isnt it?  I get a very dry mouth too, do you also get that?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Oh big time, when my anxiety is really bad my whole mouth and throat gets really dry! It's uncomfortable. I'm slowly learning how to cope with each symptom that comes with anxiety. It's hard sometimes though. 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I had a very scary feeling in my throat that i didnt realise was anxiety, and it basically felt like my tongue had grown to twice the size (i think it was just dry) and i felt like someone was gripping my throat, it made me feel like i couldnt breathe when i lay back, at the time i didnt realise but looking back i think it must of been anxiety? is this what you get? xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That's exactly right! My tongue does feel like it gets twice the size and it's blocking my throat so air can't flow through. It's scary, but it goes away fast when you think rationally after a few minutes 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

yeah sort of!! its so difficult to believe that anxiety is causing these symtpoms at the time though isnt it! 

the other day i had been wearinf sunglass on my head and then a few hours later (when i didnt have them on my head) i kept reaching to take them off cause i could feel them there pressing down on my head, it made me feel like a crazy person !! lol

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

i would get scared it was my tounsils growing too big! i was actually going to go to the doctor and ask them to take them out! now ive realised its anxiety i havent had that symptom for a while touch wood!!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

ive never had the sore jaw under the ears. but if i tip my head backwards and look up, it really hurts my neck.. maybe its a tension thing? 

mind you i think i did get a sore jaw for a while, i cant remember cause there been so many toher bloody things wrong with me lol, you get sick of listening to yourself worry soemtimes dont you!!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I've always had discomfort swallowing food when I experience anxiety but it never occurred to me that my tongue could become dysfunctional with tightness until last night when I got the idea to relax it. it feels much better now.

Doing mental body scans help to discover unconscious anxiety symptoms, also.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I know this s from a while back so I probably won't get answers, but do any of you notice the tip of your tongue is more red and litte "lie bumps" show up when your anxiety is high? I'm freaking out cause now I think I have oral cancer. My anxiety is insanely horrible. I truly believe I'm a hypochondriac. Sometimes hate myself because of this.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes... This happens to me, except on the back of my tongue. My tastebuds swells up or new ones appear. Been dealing w this for about six years, but when it gets bad I automatically think oral cancer too. Stay strong. It sucksss
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up