i hate feeling like this!!! :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

I smoked weed since I was about 17-18 I am now 24 & have recently quit it all together & its given me anxiety/panic attacks, some days I get so parranoid about going out, my chest goes all tight and my heart rate goes up and only place I feel comfortable is my bed. The main thing that worrys me is chest pains cos I'm such a worrier I just over thinking it and think I'm gonna stop breathing or summin. It feels like its my lungs but might be the anxiety making me over think it, ive been to gp and even paniced so much i had to call an ambulance one night ive had checks and a ecg ad everything came back ok but i still keep worrying. someone help settle my mind pleaseeee!sad

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Weed does that it’s all coming out off your system could be withdrawals aswell but anxiety and panic attacks do that to you aswell I suffer with them every day it’s awful and I know how your feeling have you been to doctors to see if they can give you tablets for the anxiety?
  • Posted

Yea I went to my gp & they put me on propronolol 40mg but they arnt doing anything!! I go out & I feel so panicky I feel like I'm gonna pass out, my chest goes so tight it feels like I'm gonna stop breathing which makes me panic more! I hate living like this!

• Posted

How long. Have you been on them I’ve only been on mine 5 weeks and there only started to work I’m the same o hate going outside but I have to take my son to school and when I’m up there I get panicky incase I pass out 
    • Posted

I've only been on them a couple weeks, I was such a out going confident person before i quit the weed I've never been through anything like this & its horrible makes me not wanna go to work incase I go all panicky & pass out its horrible! Don't know what to do even thinking of going to the doctor makes me panic sad

• Posted

Marijuana is safer than psych drugs. Why don't you just keep smoking eeed? You will have even worse anxiety when you try to stopping the pills. Trust me, I know. All your doing now is trading one substance for another. I wish I could just smoke weed.

• Posted

Weed is much safer than what the doctors give out. I suggest you Google the withdrawl symptoms of each drug BEFORE you take it.
  • Posted

exactly same thing happens to me everytime after somking weed. My heart beat goes so high, whole body goes numb. it's very hard to calm down. I can't sleep when this happen. That's why i quite smoking weed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.