I HATE HEALTH ANXIETY

Posted , 5 users are following.

3 weeks ago after eating a very fatty meal i started feeling bad from my stomach. I google stomach pain then cancer popped up which made me panic then i felt a supraclavicular lymph node enlarged so i paniced even more and went to dr. He said he wasnt worried but said i could get it biopsied just for peice of mind. I hit the floor why he send me to surgeon for biobsy. Well two weeks later 5 panic attacks crazy anxiety waiting for results thank god no cancer. Now stomach still feels a little queezy after i eat dont know if its anxiety or something else. Iam starting to panic again dont want to go thrue no more worry of dying i hate this

0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

I have health anxiety also. But I do have health issues. Good old google,no mater what you look up the word Cancer appears. Try and relax,youve ben checked and you are ok. Enjoy eating. One of the great pleasures in life. At least for me.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You need to see a therapist to help with the root anxiety which is causing the health anxiety, stay off Google and see a therapist,thats the best advice
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thnx for responding i try and help differant people on here but sometimes it gets the best of me and feel hopeless and doomed i pray that god gives me wisdom and strength as i dont want this to beat me
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi im the same as you at the mo... im going through hell worrif sick i have stomach or liver cancer my nerves are so on end at the mo... i cant eat cos im scared i mïght puke. i can aĺso feel like a lump like spasm in the mid back at times. im worried sick dont know what to do so nervous ive got nausea.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Its very hard to go thrue times like this especially having HA . Remember one thing stomach cancer is super rare in 1st even second world countries so something like on 25000 cases in us per year. Anxiety really brings on alot of physical symptoms and alot of psycological stress witch makes us think the worst. We have to remember thst as anxiety sufferers we can actually make us bring on our own symptoms. My worst mistake is googling please stay away from google i think if i never searched i would be happy rigjt now
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

dr put me on setraline this ir my 2nd day. i wake up with severe morning anxiety every day my panic disorder ir getting worse i just cant switch it off no appetite going insane
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Give it time. I too had this symptom from the med and had the increase of anxiety, especially first thing in the morning. I had to go back to the GP and they put on another at night which helped straight away. I dont know what I take as the doc and husband hide it from me. See... i have this bad google problem also and search side effects. I get all of them before I even try the medication, your brain is a crazy thing. This process is best for me.

Allow 3 - 4 weeks. Its a long process but worth it once you find the best one for you or when the side effects disappear. 😊

Find a good GP and phychologist too. Keep you GP updated regularly with side effects etc. They can suggest alternative medication to help until your medication starts working.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

One thing that gets overlooked in Anxiety is Blood Sugar and Diet. High fatty foods with carbohydrates is a big No No in general health terms - but when we have this concerns where we know we eat something bad and the body reacts in the way it should [stomache full and maybe bloate etc] our brain then kicks in and starts the panic process. Sadly for us that have this Anxiety - this is what happens.

I would suggest maybe clear your diet up and eat healthy or be concsious of what you eat so you dont trigger this?

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up