i have 2 complex cysts, one on each ovary. I'm only 14 and I don't know what to think.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im kinda freaked out. I was wondering if anyone would have any insight on what the doctors might do to get rid of them? any advice will help. thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Did they tell you how big they are? If they are small enough but need to be removed it'll probably be done through laparoscopic surgery, and then they will probably start you on birth control pill (if you arent already) to help reduce the chance of another cyst. I have a large simple cyst that theyll try to remove larascopically, havent had my surgury yet, but I figure thats what they'll probably do for you. You'll find out soon enough. smile hope everything goes well for you!
    • Posted

they said that my right ovary was 4.7x4x3.7 and that my left ovary was 4.6x1.8x2.8

are those big?

Thank you very much. confused 

• Posted

I think those are still fairly small from what I've read they start removal of cysts at 5cm. Its a good thing the doctors found it now to treat it. I found out about mine at 21cm still awaiting removal. But for you I think it'll be easier, ask your doctor lots of questions if you have any that swhat they're there for. Good luck with everything!
  • Posted

Hi nosidam!  Cysts are very common in girls these days.  I have them and my youngest daughter has them.  The best thing for you to do is to stay away from processed foods.  Eat lots of vegetables and fruit and stay away from red meat.  So many health issues can be avoided with a healthy diet.  We have had luck with a natural remedy of Blackstrap Molasses and Apple Cider Vinegar.  1 Tbsp of BSM and 1/2 tsp of ACV in hot water once a day (like a tea).  The health benefits of each of these products are astounding.  Always listen to your doctor but I always try natural remedies before opting for surgery if the situation and time allow it. Do some research on these two products and look for forums where they have helped others.  They can also help reduce any symptoms you have with menstruation (bleeding, clotting, bloating, pain).  Good Luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.