I have a constant urge to take a deep breath I am in my 3rd week of seroxat cr

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi I am having a constant urge to take a deep breath and fill up my lungs, is there anyone who is having this problem aswell. I am in my 3rd week of seroxat(proxtine) and it makes me too much yawn and I sweat only in my feets and hands and I am having constipation aswell 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sameer,

I use to have this problem when I my anxiety was real bad. You think you are having a shortness of breath but it is actually the complete opposite. Your brain actually has to much oxygen. The best thing to do is control your breathin and practice breathing techniques. 

• Posted

Hi I'm on day 3 of seroxat 10mg, I came off Sert last week as I felt awful, I'm still not feeling too good, I'm always breathing like that but I just think it's the brain trying to get oxygen, are you feeling any better for the seroxat and how is your sleeping? I haven't slept well in weeks where I usually sleep like a log! Iv been told it will all settle down soon?? 
    • Posted

Yeaah man I am having big time sleeping issues with seroxat and I am on 25mg in the 1st week I was on 12.5 but after a week my doctor increase the dose well yeaah I feeling better in that sense that I am not feeling dizzy anymore which I used to and thats it. But I feel emotional less with this tablet 
    • Posted

Glad you are feeling a lot better though, I'm praying for the days to pass by to start feeling good again! I'm dreading the night but feel like I could sleep for a week! Think I'll be going up to 20mg when I go back to the docs, I may even start putting it up by taking a quarter more so hopfully not see the side effects as much! Had bad acid today! 
    • Posted

For 1st week you might feel lil uncomfortable with this pill then you will be fine trust me.
    • Posted

That's good to know thank you! I will keep u updated and u do the same. Good luck smile 
  • Posted

Hello I had very strange side effects and had to stop seroxat.    With anti depressants we do feel worse before we feel better as the drug gets into our system.  Give it a few more weeks and see how   you go. 

It is a good thing to take deep breaths.  A lot of postings about anxiety say take good deep breaths to calm down.  I think you are just getting initial effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.