i have a growth in my eye which can be seen near the iris

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have posted before but have been told i have a growth which looks like an extention of the iris.

Can someone please help. Im so worried! Are all growths in the eye cancerous?

My symptoms are a flashing light on the top corner of my eye and a slight loss of vision.

Any help will be appreciated!

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you been to your GP or Optometrist yet?
    • Posted

Yes i have. Im having tests at the hospital on thursday and am so scared i keep crying x
    • Posted

Oh dear Leigh, try not to be scared.  Is someone going with you on Thursday,  I hope so?

What hospital are you going to?

• Posted

Moorsfield london. Yes my husband. How are u doing?
    • Posted

Well, you're going to an excellent hospital and I'm glad your husband is going with you.  Try not to worry and try not to imagine the worst, wait until you have seen them.

Good Luck and let me know how you get on!

I am ringing my Consultant's secretary tomorrow and hope someone can see me this week - my eye has flared up again but I have had this for so long, that I have drops at home 'just in case'!

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. The thig is is ive been on the net and now ive convinced myself i have the worst! It doesnt really give any other options :-(. Am i over thinking? Has anyone had the same experience?

I hope ur eye gets better soon. What is wrong?

By the way the growth is inside my eye not outside!

• Posted

First off do not panic. Give your eyes some TCL , flannel or cotton wool dip in hot water ring out excess water and place over the closed eyes, hot enough to handle not boiling. Just sit back with it and relax.repeat several times, hopefully this will help. Pop to chemist and buy eye drops, explain why you want them and will give you tbe correct ones. Do not go jumping to conclusions wait and see what your told on your appointment.
    • Posted

Hi ya. I cant help it! As i said above - please read - ive been on the net and frightened the life out of myself. Within 2 weeks ive become a hypocondiact!

I intially went to moorsfield a&e as the optition had said she had seen something. They said i had a detached retina. Sjowed up for the op and they told me i had a growth. Since then i have been worried sick! My husband has worked hard to get me this appointment thursday otherwse it would have been the end of the month!

Is this normal? Would they have got me in quicker if it was something??? They did do a ultrasound scan that day so they must know something??

• Posted

I cannot speak for how each county works. My appointment was within in 2 months but not urgent.I was given an emer-gency phone no, should I have any problems. We're you not given a contact no.
    • Posted

What was your eye problem? Is it sorted? I was only given a number to call if i hadnt heard anything in a wek x
    • Posted

Was given a diagnosis over phone then when went to emergency eye clinic they said nothing found. But do have all the signs of glucoma starting. Next appoint 1st April. But did have a lump in the eye removed few years ago. Thursday not so far off now, so let's hope it's sorted then. If you do have any problems in the mean time, ring A&E ask for the emergency eye doctor. Hard to keep calm but try to.
    • Posted

Hi ya.

When u say diagnosis over the phone for what? Glucoma?

When u say lump what was it? Inside or out?

Thanks for your help xx

• Posted

No, it was marginal keratits, but as I said when at the eye clinic they did not find anything. My lump was on the inside of eye lid, removed ok. Signs of Glaucoma onset is what they found.

Wish you luck.

• Posted

Goodness Leigh, from a detatched retina to a growth, no wonder your mind is working overtime.  Did you see a Consultant last time?  Make sure you do this time and, I'm sure you're husband will speak for you because I can imagine how distressed you might become.

What time is your appt.?  Make sure you have a good breakfast/lunch before you go, otherwise you might pass ou, just with the anxiety of it all.

It is easy for me to tell you not to worry but, please try not to worry and I'll be thinking of you on Thursday.

[My eye condition is called Fuchs' Heterochromic Cyclitis, a rare form of Iritis.  I also have Mucous Membrane Pemphigoid which can go to the eye - any mucous membranes]

• Posted

Hi ya. Havi ng tests on thursday. Im so scared.

The fact they have said already i have a growth is unbearable.

Ive never been so upset and worried to the fact that im shaking all the time.

I try not to worry but its hard. I have 2 kids and its hard to keep positive.

I hope u are doing ok.

• Posted

Hi Leigh,  I am just home from the hospital.  They are so kind there!  

I am past being scared, you are only scared because it is all unknown.  

Don't be afraid to ask questions.  Doctors sometimes forget that we are patients and not doctors, so we need to ask questions, otherwise we ask Dr Google and sometimes come up with all sorts of wrong ideas.

• Posted

Hi ya.

I hope your appointment went well.

How are your eyes?

Im scared i have cancer! Im petrified. As soon as 'growth' was used the nerves set in. I cant find anyone with the same problem or had the same experiences.

Im scared because its actually IN my eye.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.