I have a lump on my scrotum that is growing slowly

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello!

about a month ago I noticed a small lump on my scrotum. Back then it was about the size of a pea but it has since grown a little bit to about 7 millimeters in diameter. The lump is not on a testicle, nor is it on the outside like a pimple but seems like it is inside the skin of the scrotum itself. There is no pain or discomfort. The lump is also pretty firm, and does not feel like it has fluids trapped inside. I dont have insurance but i have started the process of applying for aid, which seems like it will take a few days before i will be able to get somebody to check on it. what is the normal treatment for a cancer that is on the scrotum itself?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

sounds like a cyst

• Posted

I agree, it probably is a cyst but obviously it does need checking out. Are there no community or public hospitals with an ER department where you could get urgent attention without insurance?

• Posted

Hi there. Try not to get to ahead of yourself . Although i do agree any lump is worrying but most of the time they turn out to be benign. It definetely warrants to be checked out but it could be several things. I have a male friend who had a lump on his scrotum too & it just turned out to be some kind of fatty tissue. He still has it there to this day. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.