I have a problem with daily diarrhea

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good evening to all. I wish you all well! I have been facing a rather annoying and stressful problem for almost a year now. In June 2019 I removed my gallbladder, everything went well, I had some diarrhea for about 5-6 days and then it stopped. After 4 months after quite intense stress that I went through a daily yellow diarrhea started after eating, especially in the morning! (before the operation I did not have a problem with diarrhea, sometimes when I was anxious it caught me but only for a day). I went to a gastroenterologist and he told me irritable bowel-spastic colitis. The problem continued for about 2 months every morning with what I was eating.

When the lock down happened and I stopped working and stayed at home for 2 months, everything disappeared. No gas, no diarrhea, absolutely nothing. For two and a half years now I have daily especially morning diarrhea with what I eat with pain in the right upper abdomen, a lot of gas, heartburn and tomorrow I have an appointment again with the doctor.Guys, I do not know what this is, I am bothered by all the food now, even the toast (in the morning), I am about to go crazy, the surgeon tells me that it is not from the bile but I am not so convinced ...

Do you have similar problems after gallbladder surgery? I'm ready for a colonoscopy so I can calm down ...

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

hi karol, i got mine remove Aug 26 2019. I'm experiencing more frequent bouts or attacks on diarrhea too, yellowish diarreah especially on 3rd time bowel movement. In my worse day i go like 5 times day..it's hard especially when im out needed bathroom right away when i feel needed to go urgent. I am thinking of going to my primary doctor about it to and get eventually ask for colonoscopy..meanwhile i take probiotics supplements it does help somehow i think..

• Posted

Good Evening! do you have this problem every day? I never had loose stools... After the bile for 3 months I was fine ... I do not understand how this changed ... Unless it is something worst..I can not think about it. I have a colonoscopy on Wednesday. Have you ever noticed two colors and light colors on browns?

Sorry for the questions but I am about to have a heart attack from my anxiety.

• Posted

hi karol. I had the colorful stools like you are talking about before I had my GB out. I had mine taken out July 2019. i never had the diarrhea problems after surgery...maybe some soft stools occasionally. My problem is having pain in the exact same spot as before surgery and now bloating. After struggling with the bloating for several days, I had a weird bright yellow diarrhea type stool. Not watery, Just bright yellow and soft and my symptoms almost immediately went away for about a week and a half. When they came back i tried some digestive enzymes/probiotics that i picked up otc and that seemed to help with the bloating. I will be fine for a week and can eat whatever and then it just cones out of nowhere.

• Posted

please let me know how the colonoscopy goes and if they find anything out

• Edited

Good Evening!! I also did gastroscopy and colonoscopy. with drunkenness, so I did not understand anything at all. The doctor did not find anything ,even irritating..I really have no idea what could happen. He told me that it is probably due to the acute stress I have and a 20/100 from the bile. He also got biopsies for Helicobacter pylori and gastritis ...

However, I think it makes sense that there is a change in the stool after removal of the gallbladder. No organ is unecessary, the body needs everything to function properly..

• Posted

hi karol. what does 20/100 from the bile mean? Did they do both procedures at one time?

• Edited

Good Evening ! Yes, I did colonoscopy and gastroscopy together, he told me that nothing was found, and that my problem with diarrhea attributes it to the intense stress I have and a little bit of gallbladder removal.. However, now that my daily stress about what I can have is gone, I do not have so much diarrhea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.