i have been deppressed for many year well almost 30 years it getting worse for me now

Posted , 5 users are following.

** **i used to go out with friends my friends have all gone now i lost my get up ans go for about 10 years now i used to love fishing but i just dont have the power all i do is sleep most of the day im a diebetic 2 take isulin 4 tines a day by injection i get pip for over health issue have heart problems i have walking problems which slow me down i cant ge a nobility scooter becouse i get the standerd rate of pip my esa is up for review which im waiting to here back from ive just changed my docter which does not help with my claim for esa i dont have an ppoint ment tel 2nd september it is with the nurse im 25 stone so im a big man i dont smoke do drugs exceept my medication im on also iv just moved to shelted housing which is ground floor nice wet room nice bit of garden but i still feel the same my life is eded for me now i just want to go to sleep but dont want to wake up i try to get to no my noubour thay are lovely people but ive lost the wheel to live now thanks for reading this letter philip

in essex im 60 feel like 80

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Philip,

There's no magic pill for making depression go away. There are only ways for dealing with depression such as taking drugs, consuming natural products, or even turning to exercise. I would suggest a little exercise as a beginning step such as cycling to your local grocery store twice or three time a week. Exercise gets the blood circulating throughout your body, including in your brain where blood flow can benefit you greatly. Just consider trying that or even walking.

I hope this helps.

• Posted

Hey Philip, if your mentel health bothers you that much speak to ya doctor to see if he can help you with any medication, or mabe even therapy a good one is called CBT which can help for now an in the future!! But NEVER suffer alone!! Know that there's help out there!! Good luck my lovely an I wish u all the best!!

• Posted

Hi this is all very difficult isn't it? I have copd (mild), depression, and chronic back pain, and can't do half what I could 10 years ago. I know part of it is getting older as I am 65 now, but it doesn't help much does it?

Fortunately for me I now get my state pension which means I don't have to bother with the benefit system any more thank goodness as it's a nightmare to negotiate. If you are getting enough benefits you might be able to buy yourself a mobility scooter as I am sure they do them with a deposit and monthly payments. Or get a second hand one.

I feel like giving up sometimes so I understand how you are feeling. I am more isolated too as my friends are all a lot fitter than me, but how about joining an over 60 group or something? I go to one in my area and play cards once a week. They also have writing groups, art groups, quizzes etc. and these are all sedentary. At least they would get you out and about more and give you company. You might find other local groups too. Oh just thought there are a couple of nationwide ones called Meet-Up and U3A. These might be suitable for you as they do a range of activities.

I try and keep positive and just be grateful that I haven't got anything which is going to kill me in the near future, though sometimes they can make life not worth living. Good luck. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.