I have been depressed and suicidal for over a year now. It's getting worse and no one notices. Help.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have taken pills, cut my Self, ended up being sick of the pills I overdose and still no one can see that. I cry every night. I feel like talking to someone about it is just a waste of time. Please help.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi PrincessB,

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Princess

you really are one. and you truly are

first, as starting point is to believe that all shall be fine..

yes, it is so tiring to live with brain which is not cooperating..

but then just relax.. please do not overthink.. just let go everything and close your eyes and relax every now and then.. relaxation shall help.. it should be physical and mental both..

perform actions (including physical action and thinking action) with a very calm and relaxed mind and body.. no stress, no hurry.... 

perform action with focussed mind.. forget everything else and do not scatter your limited energy,,

do not think much... 

have plenty of sleep, sun shine and fruits /fruit juices. ( as it detoxes the system which you probably need and rejuvnates)

again.. please be optimistic..

i have been through all this and it does finally improve.. key is relaxed attitude..

my prayers for princess

• Posted

It sounds like you have been keeping this all to yourself ?   Anyone out there feeling these thoughts should NEVER keep them to theirselves.  There is always help for depression.  No reason to suffer.   Immediately reach out to professionals or clergy or family and friends who can guide you. It’s nothing to be embarrassed about. Most of us experience depression at one time or another and some more severe with suicidal thoughts as yours .  You can learn tools and medications can resolve this !  I pray for you to get help . 

• Posted

Hi Princess. So glad that you wrote in to us. We do understand depression. It makes me happy that you are still here and are able to talk to us! You are important and there is hope. Please talk to us what is hurting you so much we are listening. Diane
  • Posted

Hi PrincessB - sorry to read of your situation. Was there any medical intervention when you overdosed? Does anyone else know you are self harming? You cannot wait for someone to "notice" what is happening with you. You must speak up about it - tell a responsible adult (I'm not sure how old you are), school counsellor if you are of that age. Parents? Otherwise, make an appointment with your doc and discuss what is happening. you must seek help - it will not seek you. If none of the above are viable, you must present at the Emergency Unit at your nearest hospital. You can also seek support through Lifeline. Depressive disorders are debilitating but there is no need to suffer in this day and age. Action required.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.