I have been depressed on and off for qbout 13 years

Posted , 4 users are following.

But just in the last 2 or 3 it happens every 3 months or so. I am so fed up with it and tried a number of Antidepressants over the years. I am fegettingo the end of The line and don't feel I can go on like this. I have hit a brick wall and feel I cannot go on like this much longer. I wonder if over the years I have just damaged my brain with all the different meds. I feel desperate and yet have a wonderful family.

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there. Im 7 years into some severe depression and ive just mucked up a friendship.

Its just so easy to get into a bad situation and so hard to get out but stay strong.

U gotta appreciate what u have 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Have you told your family how your feeling at the moment? Im sure they would help,the last thing they will want is to lose you, i know its hard,i hate taking meds,feels like i should just move in to the drs some weeks. If you dibt want to speak to your family then speak to us in here,plenty of us,someones bound to feel the same way and offer some well needed advice...

Stace x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have been on quite a few anti depressants over the years I had depression.  I don't feel they have damaged my brain even though I had some bad side effects with some of them. 

I think we do find the strength to battle on, however hard it is.  I have been to hell and back, but I still think I should fight on, even though I am old now.  I will not let depression win.  You think you have hit a brick wall, which, of course, does happen, but things can get better, please believe me. 

You have the support of a wonderful family, so it is well worth fighting this illness. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you anne that's very kind of you. I keep trying to fight on and have got the mental health team involved but am petrified of yet again trying new meds. I ended up really bad last time and thought I wanted to kill myself. I gave so much good in my life but can't see through thus black cloud. Thank you for listening.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up